Anno Domini Classic

Bug: Illurian Fisherman (harbour analogue) DON'T allow sea trade. Pity. Project exists more than four years and no one from community don't spotted such evident thing?

About early governments. Despotism has less corruption than Tribal Council? Looks strange. Also pedia info about Tribal Council and Monarchy is inaccurate, but will be better if it will be true (no tile penalty only for Mon).

And recent observation: in time of age of science 25% bonus displayed, but really NOT applied. (Status bar says: "1 turn left -> next turn: "1 turn left" :| ).

Bug: Illurian Fisherman (harbour analogue) DON'T allow sea trade. Pity. Project exists more than four years and no one from community don't spotted such evident thing?

About early governments. Despotism has less corruption than Tribal Council? Looks strange. Also pedia info about Tribal Council and Monarchy is inaccurate, but will be better if it will be true (no tile penalty only for Mon).

And recent observation: in time of age of science 25% bonus displayed, but really NOT applied. (Status bar says: "1 turn left -> next turn: "1 turn left" :| ).
...but apart from that, are you enjoying the game ;) :mischief:?

I'll look into the descrepancies you've mentioned.

Having looked into the issues you raised, I've corrected the Illyrian fisherman issue; thanks for mentioning that. The issue about Despotism having less corruption than Tribal Council has also been corrected; in fact the civilopedia had it correct, but the BIQ did not.

I don't know what I can do about the age of science thing though as I believe that's hard-coded.

The BIQs have been updated and are available to download as an attachment in the first post of this thread; additionally, the patch has been updated as well :).

Of course I enjoyed, especially by leaderheads and main concept of the mod.

If the Age if Science is trying to use the SGL research function, it is broken and never worked. It does what you mentioned, says it is cutting the time, but the research does not complete that turn.

Eleanore of Aquitaine is already in "A different dawn". I'll have to look up other civs in the Occitan culture and will see what I can do ;).
Maybe use her for an Occitan civ? And let me know if you need any tech icons.

She is the leader of Aquitaine, which is an Occitan civ, or so I thought! A tech icon source is always appreciated!!
I understand that. I wasn't being clear. Perhaps you could have a civ called "Occitan" with city names, special items, etc. from the broader area. That way it would only take one slot, as opposed to filling slots equal to almost a whole culture group. :hmm:

I understand that. I wasn't being clear. Perhaps you could have a civ called "Occitan" with city names, special items, etc. from the broader area. That way it would only take one slot, as opposed to filling slots equal to almost a whole culture group. :hmm:
Nice idea, but it's not what Anno Domini is all about; it's about having these smaller specific civs...that's why, for example, the Iceni, Coritani and Brigantians aren't banded under "British". I'm not adverse to having an Occitan culture group in another BIQ at some stage.

I really like your "Obscurities" idea. Right away, I second the suggestions for Angevin and Occitan civs, but if you find Occitan too broad, perhaps the County of Toulouse would do?

I'm particularly interested in North African civs; perhaps you would consider Numidia, Mauretania, or the Garamantes?

I really like your "Obscurities" idea. Right away, I second the suggestions for Angevin and Occitan civs, but if you find Occitan too broad, perhaps the County of Toulouse would do?

I'm particularly interested in North African civs; perhaps you would consider Numidia, Mauretania, or the Garamantes?

There's lots that could be considered and I like North Africa too :).

I am in the process of preparing my old house for sale, hence over the next couple of months I can't spend that much time on the mod, but will be doing it pretty much full-on once that's all sorted out.

Rob, I've run into a problem with Anno Domini Classic.

Files on my computer became corrupted so I've had to replace a number of them. One set of these was the Anno Domini files, which I downloaded anew; but now I have a problem. The game crashes when opening because it can't find ICON_BUILDING_SS_SILK_TRADER. There is an ICON_BUILDING_SILK_TRADER entry, but as far as the BIQ is concerned it won't do.

I have three versions of the BIQ thanks to the core download and two updates, which of the three calls for ICON_BUILDING_SILK_TRADER? Or should I just edit the PediaIcon entry to read ICON_BUILDING_SS_SILK_TRADER?

Thanks for your help.

Update: I amended the entry to read ICON_BUILDING_SS_SILK_TRADER. Now the error message I get informs me the mod can't find ICON_BUILDING_SS_FUR_TRADER. How many entries will I have to add an 'SS' to? Is any body else having this problem?

First off, sorry for taking so long to respond; I've been mega-busy with my house sale and haven't seen this until now.

Secondly, sounds to me that all you need to do is re-install the patch found in the first post of this thread. All the SS_Building stuff that needs to be amended HAS been amended in the files in that patch...and it weighs in at about 8MB, so shouldn't take too long to download.

If you're wondering why I'd changed the trade buildings to the SS_ format, it was because I was getting a bad link in the civilopedia to the generic trade buildings page and wondered if I added SS_ etc, whether or not it would solve it. It didn't!

First off, sorry for taking so long to respond; I've been mega-busy with my house sale and haven't seen this until now.

Secondly, sounds to me that all you need to do is re-install the patch found in the first post of this thread. All the SS_Building stuff that needs to be amended HAS been amended in the files in that patch...and it weighs in at about 8MB, so shouldn't take too long to download.

If you're wondering why I'd changed the trade buildings to the SS_ format, it was because I was getting a bad link in the civilopedia to the generic trade buildings page and wondered if I added SS_ etc, whether or not it would solve it. It didn't!

Hope the house sale is going/has gone well and has been/will be successfully completed. I'll try re-installing the patch you mentioned and report back. Now, which patch would that be?:confused:

Update: Found it, installed it. Will try a try AD game once my current Mystara game is done.

Started this mod last night, it looks excellent! Are there any plans for real world maps to play on? Or do these exist already and I am too blind to find them? Anyhow, thanks for the great work!

I know that Rob's original intention was specifically to make the scenarios for random maps. IIRC he has also said in one of the beta test threads that people are welcome to set up & post biqs/maps that use the scenarios as he has constructed them.

First - this looks like a very beautiful mod. You guys must have spent ages creating it.

My issue - I've just started playing, and I've noticed that if I set my research rate to 10% at the start of the game, then every turn the game resets my research rate to 30%, and I have to manually change it back each turn. This is obviously in Despotism.

Is this a bug, or am I just being dumb?

P.S. This isn't to do with the max research rate being 70% under Despotism, I know what that is, and this isn't my problem here.

Couple of other points.

I'm playing as Brigantia (I chose random and got them). Good little civ. My problem is with the Brigantian Farm. The BG offers the benefits of a civ3 vanilla aqueduct and a civ3 vanilla courthouse. Great! Now of course in cities with access to fresh water, I don't need the former - so I am not allowed to build it. However, this means that I am utterly unable to benefit from the effects of the latter - i.e. lower corruption. That is to say - I am being penalised for placing my city next to fresh water - which I can't imagine is what you intended. The same goes for the small wonder that you can build with "Code of Laws".

The Huns seem ridiculously underpowered. In my game, it took them centuries to get out 1 new city, by which time everyone else had about 9 or 10 cities. This wouldn't be unusual if they had just lost a big war - but no - they had been at peace all the time, and still managed to grow at a fraction the rate of the rest of us. I know they have good military units, but they didn't really get the chance to use them.

Also, I seem to be getting a bug where I can't see my Strategic and Luxury resources in my city screen window - they just don't appear - even though I think I'm getting the benefit of them.

Are there any optional techs, or do I have to research everything? Because I'm falling behind in the tech race very easily, and I can't skip on anything like in civ3 vanilla. This is when I'm playing on the same difficultly level that I play civ3 vanilla (Monarch - or it Anno Domini equivalent).

Also, so much seems dependent on having resources, and they don't always appear to be well spread at all. I'm also quickly running out of stuff to build - lack of resources, and my seemingly slower than average tech rate are contributing to this.

Also, what map settings would you recommend for this? I'm playing a bog standard - standard map size, continents, 70% land, normal geology, standard no. of civs.

Finally, I like your title screen. Is there a way I can set that as my normal title screen?

Once again though - very beautiful mod.

Top Bottom