Anno Domini for Civ IV

Well, it depends of your modeling speed and the size of the modification you want to make.

well, im in the civ-making business currently... i suppose i wouldn't mind taking some stuff from an existing leaderhead to save time... but i just like to make the leaderheads more unique, so that it takes someone a few minutes to recognize where it came from.

and i have no experience whatsoever in modeling. :D

Boudicca, Hammurabi, Justinian and Pericles have now been joined by Charlemagne and Gilgamesh - and with the promise of a South-Eastern and an African civ, there's at least six and potentially eight leaderheads directly suitable with the Anno Domini mod. This will mean that when I come back to Civ IV, I can do a version with quite a few civs in - and the promise of a tutorial to do more original leaderheads means this is a more tantalising prospective project.

Any advance on the original leaderhead front, guys :) ?

Now that our work on BtS is done, I'll ask Ploeper if he want to start the tut soon (the tutorial will be written by Ploeperpengel and me)

Great stuff!! Are there any examples of leaderheads you've done recently - i.e. using the method you're going to show us in your tutorial?

Yeah, but I can't show it before the next 22 days ;) I will have to create a new leaderhead for the tut. I'll probably do something that might be usefull for you as an example ;)

EDIT : I remember that I have seen an Anno Domoni mod website where you have all your civs and all your leaderhead listed. Do you still have it ?

Yeah, but I can't show it before the next 22 days ;) I will have to create a new leaderhead for the tut. I'll probably do something that might be useful for you as an example ;)
That would be great :) .

I remember that I have seen an Anno Domini mod website where you have all your civs and all your leaderhead listed. Do you still have it ?
Yes, it's www.annodomini.org.uk - though it's long due a revamp. Also, the demo of the new CivIII version is out (the link is in my signature).

Here a first preview of Queen Dido of Carthage. This is a small render in blender with a simple light, in the game, the lightness will be the same as the other leaderhead shader so this do not tell you anything, but I just wanted to show you the leaderhead that will be used for the tut (and that uou can use in AD if you want).

i have a question - is it possible to create custom animations? if so, how easy would it be? if not, could it be possibly difficult to use the animations shipped with the game with custom leaderheads?

i have a question - is it possible to create custom animations? if so, how easy would it be? if not, could it be possibly difficult to use the animations shipped with the game with custom leaderheads?

Both are possible. In the first case, you have to export all your animations from max, in the second, you only need to rig your model on a vanilla armature.

so, quality-wise, how do you think these will compare to Firaxis? (no insult, i know you guys work hard :) )

Both are possible. In the first case, you have to export all your animations from max, in the second, you only need to rig your model on a vanilla armature.

hmm. so this mean it is possible to do a little kiddy leaderhead, an alien leaderhead... is it even possible to do a multiple leaderhead - leaderhead? i mean like maybe having two sisters in a "leaderhead"? :)

You mean you've finally solved the "no new leaderheads" problem? We aren't just limited to retextures anymore? If so, this is incredible, but I'm cautiously optimistic after seeing it come close before (the Umbarra thread). Best of luck though; if it's true, you are a true hero of the community.

This Guy is just plain AWESOME! If I could get a Mod Running, Mind If I used him? ;)
No problem; be aware though that this is a static image :) . I've not got a direct link right now, but if you look at my profile and my uploads, you'll find 60 images (in the same style) of ancient leaders, which you'd be welcome to use.

@C. Roland - seen the thread; I'll give it a go this weekend, see what happens ;) .

You mean you've finally solved the "no new leaderheads" problem? We aren't just limited to retextures anymore? If so, this is incredible, but I'm cautiously optimistic after seeing it come close before (the Umbarra thread). Best of luck though; if it's true, you are a true hero of the community.

Well get BTS and have a look at the Mulcarnleaderhead. That one was actually made out of a unit that was created entirely from scratch(including animations). I'm not proud of the animation for the Leaderhead actually since we had very short time for that but it should proof that it is possible after all;)

R8XFT your Leaderhead looks breathtakingly beautiful as allways. I can't wait to see all that terrific stuff animated:)

Well get BTS and have a look at the Mulcarnleaderhead. That one was actually made out of a unit that was created entirely from scratch(including animations). I'm not proud of the animation for the Leaderhead actually since we had very short time for that but it should proof that it is possible after all;)

R8XFT your Leaderhead looks breathtakingly beautiful as allways. I can't wait to see all that terrific stuff animated:)

And if it's possible, we will :mischief: hein ? :p

Ok, I let you enjoy your vacations first :D

Top Bottom