Anno Domini: Gathering Storm edition

To be honest on two counts - firstly, I don't know if a new game would be needed, but suspect it would. Secondly, having looked at the logs, there's nothing I can personally see that would explain what happened. I'm really sorry.

Hi, I found a bug with the policies. The purple policies cant be choosen and if they are, they are not accepted. After that you can not choose an other policy if you dont go in to anarchy and change goverment.
After you change goverment you can still choose the purple policies. If you do the same thing happend. You can not move forward to the next turn.
I added a picture over the policies. the policies are all grey because the player can not choose any at all.

Best regards
/Loffas

Attachments

• BUGG.png
    BUGG.png
    278.4 KB · Views: 287
I got to say that the mod really works well. Good job with the mod :)
One thing i thinking about was the year count. That could be more insync with the general proggression. Try to less years go by per turn for every game speed.
I´m not sure how you do it in civ vi, have only modded civ iv my self.

I've been experiencing an issue: Every time I start a game in Anno Domini, the early game works fine, but sometime between turn 50 and 100 (the number varies. Most recent game was 55, game before was 74) the game will crash. Loading up auto-save works fine, but no matter how many turns back I load it'll crash on the same turn. In the turn 55 game I loaded back to 42 and still crashed on 45.

The crash doesn't generate crash logs, so I can't post any. The only other mods I have affect only turn one (gives me a tiny faith boost and the same starting units as the AI gets on a given difficulty) and I have tried playing without them to no avail.

I doubt this is much use to you, but I figured I'd report it nonetheless.

Thanks for letting me know. There are still logs you can post - and if you can that would be great. As long as you have logs enabled....

If you can locate your "Documents" folder (usually on your C drive) and follow this flow please: Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/

In this folder, you'll find "App options". Anywhere you find "Enable logging" or suggests that it's collecting bug or error information, set the flag to 1 - i.e. change the 0 to 1. Also change the "Enable asserts" to 1.

This means that there'll be logs for your games going forward.

Next time you try Anno Domini, if and when it crashes, then please go to the same folder and you'll find a sub-folder enabled "Logs". Please zip that folder and attach it to a post here.

Thanks!! However, now I've looked at the logs, I see you've added your own mod as well, albeit a map mod.

I will take a look at it but please be aware that it might be this that's causing the crash (which hasn't been reported elsewhere).

The folder in the .rar file was a backup (dunno why it made its way into the log folder, didn't notice till after you pointed it out), the mod's not actually installed (and wasn't enabled ingame in any case), so I don't think it should've interfered?

emperorike from steam here, uploading logs.
Did some poking through the ones near the crash time of 7:10am myself, ctrl-f-ing for 'error', and while most are gibberish, one file made mention of not finding the icon for Governor Vellocatus. I don't see why that would kill it - all other visual errors I've seen just plopped a big red ! - but it's the last line in the UI log, so who knows. Another mentioned the Seljuk, and another something about replacing the civics tree.
Saw mention of resolution earlier in thread so fyi I've been running at 1920x1080 fullscreen since before GS update.
Thanks for taking a look, and hopefully it was just a fluke... or something I fluked up.

Edit: another attempt, another crash - this time fairly certain it was triggered specifically by sending a trade route to Sidon, which completed their quest for me, which would've granted me suzerainty.
Before launching this game, I did disable the UI mod I'd had enabled this morning, but alas.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    7.2 MB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Edit: another attempt, another crash - this time fairly certain it was triggered specifically by sending a trade route to Sidon, which completed their quest for me, which would've granted me suzerainty.
Before launching this game, I did disable the UI mod I'd had enabled this morning, but alas.

And here's the logs from that game.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 187
Hi, Cannot get past turn 205. Keeps crashing to desktop. Logs from game. I also have two mods that are disabled so they shouldn't have interfered. I also have that governor Vellocatus. I unsubscribed from those two disabled mods to see if that would make any difference, it didn't.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    135.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Hey, started new game and the ctd happens again this time around turn 450 on marathon speed. Also I had an issue with attacking specific cities, mainly the ones founded by Sparta (tested 2 of these). When I did final assault on them the game would crash just before the fight started. The cities Sparta conquered were fine for me to retake, and cities belonging to other civs that I was neighbouring didn't cause a problem. I thought that maybe some civ is taking a city on the turn 450 but there were no sieges on the whole map. Btw if you are looking for bugs in logs do you look for anything specific or just ctrl+f for error?

Cheers

Hey, I also experienced crashes, that always occured after a specific round ended and the AI did their turns. One time it was around turn 75, another time turn 170 and this time around turn 210 if I remember correctly. I have to say that I use this mod and the world editor mod, which might cause the crashes aswell, I dont know. I always stayed in save mode of that mod which was made to prevent changes on the map that would crash the game. So I think it might be Anno Domini that causes the crashes but Im sorry if its the other mod and Im wasting your time :(.

I attached the Log, I hope its the correct file.

Edit: I play on epic speed if thats important regarding of when the crashes occured.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    255.3 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Hi Rob,

Great mod - it shows that plenty of hard work has gone into this. I am on turn 286 in the Gathering Storm version and have not encountered any problems with CTD or the like. All seems to be working as it should and I am enjoying playing my current game a lot.
However, and I feel a bit churlish pointing stuff out as I am you keeping saying in your posts of your plans to finesse thing, but I have just researched Armour and it did not unlock Legion. (I'm playing as Trajan). My Swordsman upgraded to Levy but I don't have the option to build a Legion. Is there something I am missing such as the need to build a certain building? I have plenty of iron - but it's not greyed out in the building menus, it's complete absent. (I can build Levy)
Also is it possible to keep the Ancient/Classical world feel? Currently generals are in jeeps and the cities have skyscrapers and modern weapons in defence. I get why as technically I am in the modern era but you solved this 'problem' in the Civ V version of the mod is it possible to do that here as it does break the emersion somewhat.

Well I'll keep on playing despite the lack of Legions as I am sure the Romans will triumph even without them but it'll be good to get them back in the future.

Keep on keeping on.

:queen:

Thanks a lot Lord Smiley! I understand what you mean about the later feel with generals in jeeps etc and it will be addressed. Right now, I'm looking at any game-breaking stuff and TSL. Thanks for pointing out about the Legion, I'll look into it!!

@Everyone - it seems that Anno Domini works for some people and sometimes crashes for others - which is really strange and inconsistent behaviour! If you're posting a comment, please could you mention who you're playing as and who else is in the game - even if there's been no crashes? It could be that there's a civ (or more than one civ) that has an element which is causing the crash, hence the reason why it's inconsistent? Crashes happening at the same time could point to something that comes into the game at much the same time, e.g. a unique improvement that causes the issues.

Top Bottom