Anno Domini: Gathering Storm edition

Rob, LOVE the Mod! I have experienced crashes too, last game on a spy trying to escape a city. Time before that I can't recall. Didn't think to check. I see there are patches and I am a newbie to the mods, where can I download these patches? Thanks! Cheers!

@chadsarni - sorry for the late response; I couldn't even load your saves...probably due to taking out the Akkad of the mod and having them as a civilization you can use by having the original Akkad mod open. Very sorry about that...I'm not sure exactly when I did this, other than it was in June...though possibly after your gameplay. Sorry again I can't help.

@Alexander13 - sorry for the late response; Steam will automatically download the new version.

The mod has been updated with some civilizations being moved out of the game and made available to play by downloading the original mod. I think this has cleared up a few issues, particularly graphically. I've also learned how to do Historic Moments properly, using Photoshop (which I've now subscribed to). On the World Congress, a vote on a matter relating to districts will now display the districts in the mod.

Look out for the threads on 'Anno Domini: A New Dawn' and 'Anno Domini: Justified and Ancient' which were released on Steam yesterday. Two expansion packs with new and returning civilizations, the former requiring no additional DLC, the latter requiring the 'Maya/Gran Columbia' DLC.

Any reason why this mod is not working? I have the latest Civ6 patch and all, and I only have anno domini and warfare expanded activated in my mods.. it starts loading and then says some error and to check lua.log

Actually now I tried a duel on a continent map with 2 players and it worked

Is it possible that this mod does not work on Europe TSL?

No TSL maps work for this mod for me, not even ynamp maps.

Last edited:
None of the TSL maps - especially YnAMP maps - don't seem to work properly with the mod and it's not something I've been able to address, sorry. This has been discussed a few times on Steam; however, the regular maps work perfectly.

Any reason why this mod is not working? I have the latest Civ6 patch and all, and I only have anno domini and warfare expanded activated in my mods.. it starts loading and then says some error and to check lua.log

Actually now I tried a duel on a continent map with 2 players and it worked

Is it possible that this mod does not work on Europe TSL?

No TSL maps work for this mod for me, not even ynamp maps.
Post your logs here (see the "how to get the logs" thread), if there is something obvious in them, I may be able to point SeelingCat to a compatibility solution.

Hey all!

I'm working on some of my own fantasy civilizations to work alongside this awesome mod. Everything is working just great except I appear to be stumped in my ability to tag the Indonesian 'Kampung' to one of my civs. The improvement simply doesn't show up in game. Here is my code:

(I omitted the insert into players and other things that aren't relevant)...

INSERT INTO PlayerItems
(Domain, CivilizationType, LeaderType, Type, Icon, Name, Description, SortIndex )
VALUES ('AnnoDominiPlayers', 'CIVILIZATION_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA', 'LEADER_NAERALITH_SHAELANA', 'UNIT_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA_UU', 'ICON_UNIT_CREE_OKIHTCITAW', 'LOC_UNIT_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA_UU_NAME', 'LOC_UNIT_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA_UU_DESCRIPTION', 10 ),
('AnnoDominiPlayers', 'CIVILIZATION_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA', 'LEADER_NAERALITH_SHAELANA', 'IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG', 'ICON_IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG', 'LOC_IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG_NAME', 'LOC_IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG_DESCRIPTION', 20 );

Delete From Improvement_BonusYieldChanges
WHERE ImprovementType = 'IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG';

Delete From Improvement_Tourism

Delete From ImprovementModifiers

Insert Into CivilizationTraits
(CivilizationType, TraitType)
VALUES 'CIVILIZATION_NAERALITH_SCARTHIA', 'TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG');

The improvement simply doesn't show up in game. The delete statements I placed in there since I assumed maybe that the references to civil engineering etc might be breaking the improvement. Whether I omit the above delete statements or not, the improvement doesn't show up. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Al

What are some successful mod combinations to go along with anno?
I have a pretty extensive list of mods that I did have working with AD until the 1st of August, but I have not yet got round to figuring out why I have start getting errors loading into a game. When I figure it out I will try my best to remember to post the workshop collection that I have made for it.

As always Rob thank you for all your hard work on my favourite way to play CiVI! Unfortunately in the latest version it seems that the barbarians are OP as hell. My friends and I playing co-op can just about handle them, although it often means quiet a few early game turns spent with our cities on 1HP. However the AI opponents cannot hack it at all so by the time we reach them they have no military units at all because the barbarians have been spawn killing them for the entire game. :(

The reason the barbarians are so hard to deal with is that by about turn 2-3 they have 4 units out and the units in their camps are Anax which is way ahead of when players could get them. The exact same thing happens with barbarians getting cavalry before the players have had time to research them. Put simply they have insane spawn rates and out tech the players which makes early game incredibly hard to deal with. We have had this problem ever since we started using the version of the mod that requires warfare expanded reloaded, so maybe it is something to do with that. I am unsure though as until the last several weeks we had been on a break from playing Civ and had not played much since the initial Gathering Storm version of Anno Domini.

To test I just started a Procurator game on 6 Sided Snowflake with only the 3 AD mods and Warfare Expanded Reloaded on. By turn 7 I found a camp with an Anax which seems way too fast! Turn 11 a scout had shown up from where my warrior just came from, meaning there is another camp nearby. Turn 22 I found the second camp which had 2 warriors, 1 Anax and an Iry Pdt! The last screenshot is my tech tree at turn 22 having tried to rush research Anax.

I stream most of my games so I can get highlights of specific stuff for you if that would help.

Anax.PNG
Scout.PNG
Iry Pdt.PNG
Tech.PNG

Loving the mod, but consistently getting stuck on "Choose Escape Route" when a spy needs to flee. The dialogue doesn't pop up, similar to what a few other people have reported. I've tried with mods, and finally got around to testing it with just testing it with Anno Domini. I'm also playing on Mac, so I'm not sure if that's potentially contributing. It's incredibly frustrating not being able to play this game fully.

Edit: Just loaded on Windows and the issue is still present.

Here is my save and logs.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0032.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 132
  • Logs.zip
    112.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Hi Rob and community, long time no talk! I have finally gotten my first unmodded Deity victory in Civ6 and am now ready to jump back into the world of modding. This thread doesn't seem frequented a lot, so my question is how the state of the mod is at the moment? Is it playable or is the spy bug still there, waiting to break a save? Also, what about the new game modes that have been published since December, I assume they have not been incorporated (yet)? (Heroes would fit so well into this setting tho.) Keeping up with those new options is probably a pain anyway, a cool-sounding Barbarian revamp coming at the end of February ...

Hi Rob and community, long time no talk! I have finally gotten my first unmodded Deity victory in Civ6 and am now ready to jump back into the world of modding. This thread doesn't seem frequented a lot, so my question is how the state of the mod is at the moment? Is it playable or is the spy bug still there, waiting to break a save? Also, what about the new game modes that have been published since December, I assume they have not been incorporated (yet)? (Heroes would fit so well into this setting tho.) Keeping up with those new options is probably a pain anyway, a cool-sounding Barbarian revamp coming at the end of February ...

The mod hasn't been updated in steam since the 21st of June 2020, which is well before I experienced this issue, so I'd assume not.

Hi all,

I am trying to play the Anno Domini: Gathering Storm mod but every time I try to load it, I get an error saying one or more mod has failed to load content. After disabling mods, I have narrowed this down to the Warfare Expanded: Reloaded (Pack 1) mod necessary for the Anno Domini Mod to work.

I am including the Database and Lua files. I only have those mods enabled that are required by Anno Domini Gathering storm. The version of my mod is the latest on steam (updated May 6th).

I don't know if this matters but I own the game on Epic Games Store and have the latest update.

Cheers!

Moderator Action: Post moved to appropriate Anno Domini thread/forum. ~ LK

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    7 KB · Views: 62
  • Database.txt
    44.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by a moderator:
Anno Domini: Gathering Storm edition is now available on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1655044827

It's massive and has had a serious update!! There's now 30 built-in civilizations with an updated tech and civics tree, much more content and it's a Gathering Storm version!!

At the moment, I've only time to inform you all and drop the Steam link for the mod, due to work commitments. Over the next couple of days, I aim to fill in some more information here. Just thought you'd all want to know.

Anno Domini: Gathering Storm works as a complete mod, but I'm far from finished with it. There are some items that are incomplete, e.g. Historic Moment graphics, and some things we need to think about - e.g. Great Musicians etc and how that works in an Anno Domini world. In the meantime though, have fun!!
You think a new game would be needed after that for that fix to take effect? Also I had around 37 turns until next world conference when the ctd happens.
Could You separate the civilización. So we could play them for separate , i would like to play armenius of the germans, without the anno domini

Top Bottom