Anno Domini

Status
Not open for further replies.
You misunderstand what the scene.xml does. It defines the diplomacy screen for the civilization. If it's improperly linked, the game cannot load a scene and it crashes.

When you play as the civilization, you see their _DOM.dds and _MAP.dds (dawn of man and map), not their DIPLO.dds, which is defined in the scene.

If you have a scene properly linked but an image that does not exist, it will still work but give you an "IMAGE NOT FOUND" image when you open diplomacy screen.

Ah, but I'm using the same .dds file for both the _scene.dds and the _DOM.dds. Therefore, I was surprised to see Lu Zhi's picture (Lu.dds) on the DOM screen as in other cases, like you said, if the image isn't there, it shows a red image/"image not found".

Thanks for the heads-up on which files to import and which not to import.

I was going to do the icon atlas tidy-up, but ran out of time. It was then a choice of uploading it how it is or not - so I felt it might as well be uploaded even if it had a larger file size rather than expecting people to wait until after I'd moved house.

so now is the Han working?
If you follow Putmalk's instructions, then yes.

And why does Volisios of the Corieltauvi now have a beard?
It's like I said before, things change when in development. On his coins, he has a beard; I think it suits the leaderhead. Do you want him to have a shave in time for version 2 ;)?

i brought back the Han folder, changed the .modinfo file, but the Han still crash as an AI player!

i brought back the Han folder, changed the .modinfo file, but the Han still crash as an AI player!

Run a test. Duel map with Han as the sole AI civ. If it still crashes, then it's possible you made a mistake with the fixing, or there is another issue.

If it doesn't crash, another civ besides Han is crashing.

Hi. I just tested the mod, it looks awesome. I played some rounds then I left with a savegame. And now I cannot load the savegame because the game is always crashing ^^ Im sure there is a lot of todo but go on, looks really nice.

Edit: I have with other civs crashes too when Im loading a savegame, so its not only the Han for me.

Thanks for your comments. I did a test yesterday morning and played every civ in the game as an AI player. The only one that crashed (and crashed every time) was the Han.

I was unable to reload a saved game myself. Not sure at this stage what that can be.

I just tried a test like you said, Putmalk, and it worked! However, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Weird right? And I too have not been able to open a saved game.

I have a feeling that this promotional/load game issue is what is bugging the game.
But I also have feeling that it may be because the UU for the Han is named "Junk." Maybe there was a creation error.
And Rob, Volisios does look better with a shave!!!

But I also have feeling that it may be because the UU for the Han is named "Junk."
I don't think that is going to affect it; that was the name of the Han ship of the time. The only odd thing with that is that, due to lack of unit graphics for creating new stuff for civ 5, it is a gunpowder unit (i.e. using the turtle ship graphics). Ah well.

The promotion deletion theory was absolutely right and taking out the deletions has allowed save games to be able to be loaded once more. Hurrah! There is, inevitably, a patch, found as an attachment to the op, which sorts out that issue, puts in the correct picture for Minos and sets all the "import to VFS" correctly. I spotted that ObatalaScene.xml was also set up incorrectly, hence the issues continuing on occasions. All has been corrected now, so you should be able to play games that always load okay and saved games that can be reloaded. It's a wonderful world :).

Any favourite civs yet?

Do you think that the Corieltauvi should have a bit more beef to their archery trait - perhaps adding another automatic promotion?

Didn't realize the name was actually Junk- sorry bout that.
I really like the Han empire, despite all the issues, also Egypt is cool.
What should we do to correct the saved game thing?

I see the Edit you created. Does this mean I have to reinstall the mod? Or where can I download/upload the patch?

I see the Edit you created. Does this mean I have to reinstall the mod? Or where can I download/upload the patch?
The attachment in the first post IS the patch. You need to download it (it's just over 2MB) and follow the instructions in the first post. However, please just hang on for a moment, as I've had to re-edit the patch; it will be available again as an attachment to the first post in this thread within the next 5 minutes.

Glad it's finally out now. :)

I am not sure if it will run or if need another DLC. Let me see - I own, Denmark, Spain/Inca, Babylon... Ah, i see, Korea is missing. Such a pitty.

Here's my update:
I found the patch (finally ;)) and replaced all the files within the patch with the normal-game ones. Was that the correct thing to do?

1st try with new files: Made it to Load Game screen, selected a game, Civ5 stopped responding and crashed.

2nd try: Crashed and bugged out during intro.

3rd try: Same as 1st.

Help?

Then tried just starting a normal game and it worked! I have a feeling I copied the files wrongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom