Announcement: Europa Barbarorum for Civ!

no, no, no, how can he be "beautiful"????? :)

i think your Cataphract unit was the best one. but thats only because i think Cataphracts are awesome, especially the Byzantine ones.

no, no, no, how can he be "beautiful"????? :)

i think your Cataphract unit was the best one. but thats only because i think Cataphracts are awesome, especially the Byzantine ones.

Ohhh Don't get me wrong the Grivpanvar is the most beautiful of every one I have created!:D But the Kluddargos is still pretty good looking overall so far!

Very nice unit, Aranor. I cannot wait for the Casse civ, unfortunately I will not be able to download it until I get back to Romania on July 5th.;) I am barely in Budapest and I am heading to Spain. So I think I will not be present on the forum for a while:) . But, anyway, I am really looking forward to this civ.:goodjob:

Very nice unit, Aranor. I cannot wait for the Casse civ, unfortunately I will not be able to download it until I get back to Romania on July 5th.;) I am barely in Budapest and I am heading to Spain. So I think I will not be present on the forum for a while:) . But, anyway, I am really looking forward to this civ.:goodjob:

I hope you enjoy Spain! My better half just got home from Spain 3 weeks ago and she really loved it! She didn't want to go home.

First RTW...and now...Civ? The EB is trying to take over my life! This is obviously an elaborate plot to enslave vast thousands, with which to overthrow the government of Liechenstein for their nefarious ends. The leaders of the world will be paralyzed, and submit to playing EB, one way or another......cool!
WE MUST ASSIMILATE ALL!:assimilate:

First RTW...and now...Civ? The EB is trying to take over my life! This is obviously an elaborate plot to enslave vast thousands, with which to overthrow the government of Liechenstein for their nefarious ends. The leaders of the world will be paralyzed, and submit to playing EB, one way or another......cool!

:lol: :lol: :rotfl: Well I can safely say that I have no idea what you are talking about. ;) My inspiration came from playing the EB mod for R:TW. So I petitioned the EB team to make this mod for Civ IV Beyond the Sword. Nothing nefarious going on here :lol: ;)

Well unlike my friend Aranor was saying, we indeed are planning something like that. Only in our plan, you have to replace Liechenstein by Monaco:D

Omg, I broke the code. Now Tupac will punish me... Oh no, I told Tupac was alive too, now they've discovered our secret brotherhood:lol: :lol:

Traitor!! He must be punished!! :lol: :lol: You remember what happened to the last guy who said too much! :lol: :lol:

an update on the map thing, I've created a map and I've begin getting cities in place, as I have no civs for this mod, I'm using barbarian cities as a form of place holder, but unfortunately I just realized that I made the map too small so now I'm hunting for a map editor program that will allow me to hopefully expand the size of my map to fit the EB one.

an update on the map thing, I've created a map and I've begin getting cities in place, as I have no civs for this mod, I'm using barbarian cities as a form of place holder, but unfortunately I just realized that I made the map too small so now I'm hunting for a map editor program that will allow me to hopefully expand the size of my map to fit the EB one.

Thats great news:goodjob: I had been meaning to send you a pm for an update on the map.

NEEDED A C++ PROGRAMMER

I need a C++ programmer to work with Shqype to create our Slavery model as well as our Dynasties mod.

Update: Both the Casse faction and the Pontos factions are both in testing right now and should be released very soon.

Well it has been a big couple of days for EBCIV. First off we have a couple of new factions for you all to enjoy!;) :goodjob: We have both the Casse and the Pontos (Thanks to Drtad for his wonderful work:goodjob: ) factions uploaded and ready to download. See the second post for details on all our factions. We also have great news on the Sauromatae front, these guys have probably been the hardest faction of all to create as they had no written legacy left behind (being nomadic kindda does that;) ) Now after much research and waiting we have a near complete faction, we are just ironing out the last few detail then ElGrillo should be able to release it. I hope to see it done by the end of the weekend but it could be as late as early to mid next week.

- Recruit able regional troops. Each faction can recruit region troops to their cause when outside of their faction’s native lands. E.g.: the Aedui can recruit Greek classical Hoplites if they capture Athens.

- Dynasties. No longer will your faction be led by one single leader. Instead they will be led by a royal family. Now you get to pick and choose who will lead your faction to glory!
These I find the most interesting. How do you plan to do them? Especially the first one, the second one I kind of have an idea.

These I find the most interesting. How do you plan to do them? Especially the first one, the second one I kind of have an idea.

As of yet I haven't gotten to the regional troops aspect of the game to add them. However I would imagine you could tie certain troops into certain cities sort of a Zone of recruitment for cities in these zones.

As for Dynasties Shqype is the best person to explain this as he is my primary brain when it comes to all things python and sdk.

Ah EB, good memories. You see I was a member of the team for about a year and a half, joining when RTW came out. I think I still have access to their private board on the org too. I didn't do much, a couple of skins, the strat map models and a bunch of text and spreadsheet editing. It's certainly weird to see the models I worked on in Civ.

I just got frustrated from the limited modding capabilities of RTW. Civ is much better for that. I wish the best for this mod, and once I get better at the C++ I might want to help out in that regard if you need it. The dynasty system in particular is something very similar to what I've been wanting to do.

Cheers.

Ah EB, good memories. You see I was a member of the team for about a year and a half, joining when RTW came out. I think I still have access to their private board on the org too. I didn't do much, a couple of skins, the strat map models and a bunch of text and spreadsheet editing. It's certainly weird to see the models I worked on in Civ.

I just got frustrated from the limited modding capabilities of RTW. Civ is much better for that. I wish the best for this mod, and once I get better at the C++ I might want to help out in that regard if you need it. The dynasty system in particular is something very similar to what I've been wanting to do.

Cheers.

If you were to be able to help us in the C++ area I'd be jumping up and down for joy!!:lol: Right now we are lacking a C++ person to start off our Dynasties mod and work with Shqype on the Slavery model which we have a really great discussion going on about in the EBCIV work forums.:D

As of yet I haven't gotten to the regional troops aspect of the game to add them. However I would imagine you could tie certain troops into certain cities sort of a Zone of recruitment for cities in these zones.

Perhaps you could use unique building for recruiting that. If you conquer that city, you can recruit that type of unit there.

Perhaps you could use unique building for recruiting that. If you conquer that city, you can recruit that type of unit there.

Thats an idea that had not occured to me. Right now we are speaking about Slavery and ethnicities in our owrk forums and getting idea on how to implement them. I would like to try to tie regional recruiting in with that if possible it could add some interesting flavours to it though;)

Top Bottom