Announcing the upcomming return of a classic scenario

DJ_Izumi

Chieftain
I've often *****ed, saying someone should port the Civ2 WWII Scenario to PTW... finally I figured, why not do it myself?

The task is simple, conversion of the old WWII scenario to Civ3PTW with the addition of a few new UUs (From PTW's extra unit art for WWII) adapt the map to include correct resources and additional land types, nothing big.

I will not be including the Flamethrower units as I can't find any way to make them act like Flamethrowers, like additional damage ability agianst foot units (I saw a flamethrower in C3C's trailer, I get the feeling they figured out a way to make them work for the Pacfic campaign, so I'll likely redo this scenario for C3C in November... assuming C3C dosn't consume my soul)

One idea I have been toying with: Abolish paratroopers, and replace the helicopter unit with 'Transport Plane', thusly using the Transport Plane any foot unit becomes a paratrooper, as an added bonus it means air defences can stop paratrooper assaults.

I've been considdering giving all forms of bombardment a lethal kill ability, then Air Support would become a realistic concept, without being overpowering.

Still pondering what to do with all the infantry, I'm thinking of making the Machinegunners a more 'defensive' type, while the normal infantry recive equal assault and defence ability to become sorta 'general purpose'. I just wish there was a 2X agianst wheeled flag, so I could make the Bazooka infantry able to have a bonus agianst vehicles. (If this was a half-life mod, that'd be possable... but nooooo they don't trust us with an SDK. :( )

Reguardless, I won't be changing much in the game, this is Civilization, I refuse to have my hand in ruining all that careful ballancing that went all 3 games.

Comments? Questions?

God damn... I crack open Civ2 after the CD had been untouched for years, and I find myself blown away by the graphics, they look soooooo much worse then I ever remembered.... Kinna funny really...

Oh well, off to work I go.

Top Bottom