Another Game?

We wouldn't end up playing Wednesday evening. At 1800 in your time, it is 0200 here in London which is pushing it for me to start a session. When Kai said to play Wedneday evening I think he meant playing at 1800 (GMT) :)

Edit: I guess i'll start the availabel days, from reading the other replies so far, i guess possible games are Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat, and Sun. Anyone want to narrow this down any, I'm also free anytime these days, well except today, but I'm usually available.

-8 GMT might cause a bit of an issue, as that means that 12 midday here would be 3am where you live and 12 midday where you live would be 9pm over here. We should still be able to play though assuming that you are free during the day and anyone in Europe is willing to stay up very late...

EDIT: Didn't see the second page; I also wanted to add that if people log into Hamachi it might make things easier to discuss. Try joining the group RFCMP it has rhye as the password. ;)

EDIT2: How do people feel about multiple games as the are 5 potential players? We could divide into 2 groups of 3* and have 2 games going at once. Then the 3 best** players could have another game afterwards?

*assuming either someone else wants to join or I can call in a favour from a friend, otherwise we will have to have one game with 3 and another with 2

**the two winners and a third person out of whoever we thought played best

haha, 3am, thats early for me on most nights. I'll have to google hamichi

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!

Wendsday is WAY too short of a time span. I need to actually download this Mod, and then I have to get used to it.

2 Days is not a short enough time to get used to somthing.

I think Saturday is a much better time for me, if you don't mind.

(Also, if that guy who also wants to play an Island nation doesn't mind, I'd much rather be Japan).

So the Four civs the last game were:
America
Turkey
Russia
Germany

If we break it into regions, this is what it is:

Americas:1
Middle East: 1
Europe: 2

That means Europe would be divided into two, but the Other powers go worry-free from any real danger.

Right now we have the civs planned out are:
England (Europe)
Japan (Asia)

Therefore, to allow each empire to grow without a major (Human) getting in the way, these are the avilable regions left:

Americas: Only America should even be considered for this region, all other civs are WAY too weak
Middle East: Persia, Arabs, Turks, (and with a popular mod), Byzantines. Any of them fit, but you need a mod to rule good 'ol Constanoplie, Like I said
Africa: Civs kinda weak there, but if someone has a mod to put in Zulus, then maybe there is an option. Mali is plauged with Barbarians and Egypt faces onsaulghts from almost every Middle East and Classical Europe power. Carthage could be acceptable, but could run into some problems with England.
India: Well,... India. Not the best empire, but Core area is well protected by nature and India could rule the southern part of Asia and Middle East.
Oceania?: Khmer could possibly, once spawn, settle into the Phillipins and make some sort of weird Oceania like nation. (I'm guessing on this one)

You could possibly add another Europe civ (Rome or Germany, maybe?) ad have UK find power in extra-Europe colonies, but most in N. America (Which has the best spot for colonies) will turn American.

Those are my suggestions.

I don't know. Human-human wars are fun (anyone remember my Russian brawl versus France in the Holy Roman Empire?).

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!

Wendsday is WAY too short of a time span. I need to actually download this Mod, and then I have to get used to it.

2 Days is not a short enough time to get used to somthing.

I think Saturday is a much better time for me, if you don't mind.

Well I can't do evenings at weekends, so I reckon as we already have too many people we could get 3 of them together to play on Wednesday and 3 more together for a game on Saturday? This might also make it easier for people to fit the games into schedules as they will have a choice of dates.

Also guessing from your list of potential civs I am guessing you prefer the BC start to the AD? I am the other way around, so if we have the Saturday game as a BC game and the Wednesday game as an AD one then that would also give people more choice. ;)

So the Four civs the last game were:
America
Turkey
Russia
Germany

If we break it into regions, this is what it is:

Americas:1
Middle East: 1
Europe: 2

That means Europe would be divided into two, but the Other powers go worry-free from any real danger.

Right now we have the civs planned out are:
England (Europe)
Japan (Asia)

Therefore, to allow each empire to grow without a major (Human) getting in the way, these are the avilable regions left:

Americas: Only America should even be considered for this region, all other civs are WAY too weak
Middle East: Persia, Arabs, Turks, (and with a popular mod), Byzantines. Any of them fit, but you need a mod to rule good 'ol Constanoplie, Like I said
Africa: Civs kinda weak there, but if someone has a mod to put in Zulus, then maybe there is an option. Mali is plauged with Barbarians and Egypt faces onsaulghts from almost every Middle East and Classical Europe power. Carthage could be acceptable, but could run into some problems with England.
India: Well,... India. Not the best empire, but Core area is well protected by nature and India could rule the southern part of Asia and Middle East.
Oceania?: Khmer could possibly, once spawn, settle into the Phillipins and make some sort of weird Oceania like nation. (I'm guessing on this one)

You could possibly add another Europe civ (Rome or Germany, maybe?) ad have UK find power in extra-Europe colonies, but most in N. America (Which has the best spot for colonies) will turn American.

Those are my suggestions.

Quite a lot of analysis there but here are my thoughts.

First off 3 person games are better as the 4th person messes gives too many OOS errors (although we are of course free to try).

Secondly Britain plays best as a divers colonial power with strong holdings an any continent and so can fit quite well with another Euro power without a problem. The only civ that would be unsuitable to this game would be China, as it would mess up Japans (aka your) start too much.

It really comes down on what kind of game your going to play. If your going to play as a colonial power then any other colonial power would be interesting, if your going for the Asian mainland then anyone forming a Eurasian or Afro-Asian Empire would be a good choice (like Turkey, Arabia, Russia, et al...)

England as a civ has holdings in a variety of areas and competes with a huge quantity of other civs for good city spots: As England we compete with the Dutch, France, Spain, Japan, Khmer and India to name but a few. That said I believe for either for our three player games we could just have everyone name a civ they really want to play, and as long as there aren't any problems (like two players picking China and Japan), let them get on with it :)

With regards to America, since waiting for the game to actually start is tedious - how does everyone feel about letting the worst human player (smallest score, smallest empire, however we choose to measure "worst situation") pick America if he or she so wishes when the game reaches 1775AD? It could give a "second chance" to a player far behind.

@Omega124
And I would much rather be England haha
and whoever is going to play america... I'm going to fight to keep Canada lol.
And I am so not good with this global time thing, so does someone want to keep a list of everyone times whos playing.
I'm -8 GMt, and I dont know Europe's, are they GMT?

Add me to Saturday guys (probably): In case yes, available after 2GMT.

Dunno I was on last night too and I stay up pretty late.
Maybe hamachi was being weird?
Either that or you logged on after about 1 or 2 am...

Anyway, fancy a game early next week? (I am busy this weekend)

Next week, I am only kinda free in Tuesday afternoon to evening.

OK guys! Anyone up for a game next weekend? I am free during the day (before 5ish) and we're just 1 player short. So anyone who is free just post here, pm me or just randomly turn up on hamachi. Thanks. :D

Top Bottom