1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Antarctic Late Summer Patch Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aristos, Apr 2, 2019.

1. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Not sure if this deserves is its own thread, so I'll stick it here for now, but it looks like there were two updates to the public build on Steam about 12 hours before this post within a few minutes of each other. Anyone know what it was about? Another hot fix? Did I miss it being discussed elsewhere? Real life has me swamped so I haven't been paying close attention here....

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Those were the hotfix going live for Mac and Linux.

Ondolindë and WillowBrook like this.
  3. Slip de Garcon

Slip de Garcon Warlord

No I haven't made myself clear - I'll use this screenie I have of Mansa Musa to illustrate.

I have silver, I offer it to Mansa Musa in return for amber and wine, he agrees, so I cheekily add 100 gpt, he refuses and I click the "make this more equitable" button, and this is what used to happen:

host image

i.e. the AI player would lower what he was prepared to offer and agree.

Now, on certain occasions, the AI players will readily offer luxuries, but when I try and add some (of his) gold he will say "I'm not willing to trade that" and there is no "make this more equitable" button; all you can do is exit the trade window.

I'm just cranking up Civ so I'll try and get a screenshot.

4. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Happens with Gold and Diplomatic Favour as well.

5. funkymunky

funkymunky Warlord

Has anyone noticed any improvements to the global warming mechanics in this patch? I just play one game since and it still seems like sea level rises as rapidly as it did before. For reference, I just played a game where Kupe & I were the only civs expelling carbon; I only built two coal plants and was leading in carbon production by double his output. Even with so few plants, sea level kept rising about every 20 turns

I did have about a dozen units consuming oil. But most of my opponents still had pre-industrial units until the game end. So it seems like the imbalance is still there for me. I am wondering if other people see a better balanced game, because if every civ in my game were maximizing their post-industrial infrastructure, it seems like sea level rise would've gotten way out of control very quickly.

6. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

Yeah, the sea levels seem to rise just as fast now as they did before the patch, or nearly so. I'm not sure what really changed.

7. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

Military units using Coal/Oil/Uranium, only count half what they did before. So its longer to get to the point of seas rising (unless someone goes heavy with Coal/Oil Plants). But once the seas start there rise, it goes really fast. I find, once I upgrade a couple units that use the resources, I check every other turn to see when sea levels are expected to rise. As soon as it starts to decrease rapidly, I beeline computers, and crank out as many flood barriers as I can.

8. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I just won my first Deity Culture victory on turn 368. I felt like the AI could have won a Space victory earlier than this. Though Rome was very close to winning a Science victory, in the Science victory progress screen his Spacecraft was travelling "1 light year per turn" for a very long while, TBH in the blue bar which shows the progress of the Spacecraft he was right at the end of the bar for a good while.

I've had 2 Deity games now and i've won both comfortably, seems like i'll be sticking to Deity from now on.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  9. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

Just won the game with Gandhi. Cultural victory one turn before an Ottoman space race win on emperor, should probably have lowered the difficulty since it's my first game this month :p

Never had to spend a thought on amenities despite settling like crazy, and the religious bonuses synergises well with rockband purchases. Much more enjoyable post-GS and with the new patch.

10. Slip de Garcon

Slip de Garcon Warlord

Here we go, here's what I mean about the AI refusing to negotiate.

I offer one luxury for two of his, he readily agrees

I ask for ten GPT, he refuses.

I click "make this more equitable" and he flatly refuses, as opposed to just taking the gold off the table.

...and the only option is to cancel the trade rather than return to the acceptable offer.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Steve Eric Jordan likes this.
  11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Japan has successfully eliminated Rome in my game, just in King difficulty. I'm amazed. 20190421170527_1.jpg