Any Bored WWI-ish Tank Makers Out There?

Ozymandias

In Terra Fantasia
Supporter
These two caught my attention:

(1) The Holt 150 ton 'Field Monitor' was "A paper project only, it was projected to be built in 1916. It was first envisaged that the Field Monitor would be used in Mexico, ranging across its great plains and deserts in search of the vigilante forces raiding into America. ‘Black’ Jack Pershing put a stop to this idea; he did not hold motorized vehicles in high regard, except for their role as support vehicles."

(2) The 1919 Medium Bs missed WW1 but caught action in Russia. "All production were machine gun armed but there was a design for a Male version mounting a long 6 pounder (57mm) gun in a fixed superstructure."

As Ever,

Oz

Attachments

• US150TonFieldMonitor.jpg
    US150TonFieldMonitor.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 121
  • WW1BritMediumBMale.jpg
    WW1BritMediumBMale.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 110
Hold on a moment.. I dont have those models in particular but I do have a few ww1-ish tanks I'd like to try. No promises, and no previews. All you had to do was PM me.

Hold on a moment.. I dont have those models in particular but I do have a few ww1-ish tanks I'd like to try. No promises, and no previews. All you had to do was PM me.

I didn't want to presume, especially if you were still on a WW1 infantry roll :) (something about it being better to disturb a soldier with his sword than a scholar/artist in his lair).

Many thanks for having a look! :thumbsup:

All The Best,

Oz

P.S. Granted, I did have a sneaking suspicion that the "land monitor" might interest you ;)

-O.

EDIT/P.P.S. The site these came from - with additional info and pix - is http://www.landships.freeservers.com/tank_articles.htm

-O.

I said I had a few models:

I got another one I've been working on all night. The only part I didn't make myself is the tracks.

Fiat2000
Yes it's real.

Hey Oz, There is actually a pretty good article about it at Wikipedia. A very interesting story about the two Fiat 2000's that were created.

Thank you :) Informative, although the opening sentence can easily serve as an example for skepticism about the good ol' Wiki:

"During World War I, Italy did not field any armoured units, due to a lack of tanks."

Department Of Redundancy Department.

Best,

Oz

Thank you :) Informative, although the opening sentence can easily serve as an example for skepticism about the good ol' Wiki:

"During World War I, Italy did not field any armoured units, due to a lack of tanks."

Department Of Redundancy Department.

Best,

Oz

Whatever brain donor wrote that wiki article probably lifted it from another website I go to. And he did it while leaving out a large chunk of the main idea.

Italy did not field any armored units because nearly all the fighting was in the mountains, NOT good tank country... So at the time there was no pressing need to develope landships to cross hundreds of miles of trenches. A need developed later in the war after lessons learned, hence the late production of the 2 Fiat2000 prototypes. The 'lack' of tanks mentioned is actually a lack of foreign types being imported since they were needed elsewhere and not enough were being produced by France, UK etc.. so there wasn't much to spare.

flicker account for Fiat2000

I'm curious about the design decisions that went into making the entire turret civ color.

Lack of any other appropriate place to put it? I made the tank body just 1 pieces. The texture I made for it is really just the bump map, the colors are from an entirely different texture applied a different way. I just didn't have any other parts to use civ color on. Would you have a suggestion?

Lack of any other appropriate place to put it? I made the tank body just 1 pieces. The texture I made for it is really just the bump map, the colors are from an entirely different texture applied a different way. I just didn't have any other parts to use civ color on. Would you have a suggestion?
Something like the British "bullseye" but that would be abstract enough to be generic. Can't think of anything though. I asked more out of a desire to learn how good unit makers think about civ color placement. Hopefully some day I'll learn enough about everything involved to actually make some units.

I've got some serious RL issues right now, but last night I put these together.

Sorry to hear about the issues, I hope they resolve well.

In a nutshell: In the last month I've spent nearly all my money fixing my car... and it still shakes so much that it's making me sick. I have just enough money to finish off my bills for this month.. But next month I got JURY DUTY!!!!!.. so no hope of making money then.

Top Bottom