Any Bored WWI-ish Tank Makers Out There?

This is what I have sofar.

On a completely unrelated note, I just did a little experiment. I just added 3 poeple to my ignore list, just to see if they ever post in my threads. Sofar I feel completely vindicated as it is no loss to me except for a lower blood pressure.

I'm done with the model.

You almost had me thrown - the cupola and sponsons screamed "British" but it just didn't look right ...

A7V/U :D

In case anybody wants a Civilopedia entry:

"A7V/U - Allegmeine-Kriegs-Department 7, Abteilung Verkehrswesen (General War Department 7, Traffic Section) / Umlaufende Ketten - (all-round tracks). Its design was by Vollmer based on original A7V but featured sponsons and all-round tracks (features copied from British tanks). Armament consisted of two Belgian Maxim Nordenfeld 57mm or Russian 57mm Sokol or German 77mm guns mounted in side sponsons along with four to six 7.92mm Maxim 08/15 machine guns.Its suspension was based on Holt tractor (just as A7V) and was 8.5m long.Maximum speed was 12.5km/h and it was powered by two Daimler engines (just as A7V) producing 210hp. Armor protection ranged from 20mm to 30mm and entire tank weighted 39.6 tons. A7V/U was operated by the crew of 7 men. It resembled British Mark IV (Hermaphrodite) tank but was larger." (from "achtungpanzer.com")

Best,

Oz

You almost had me thrown - the cupola and sponsons screamed "British" but it just didn't look right ...

A7V/U :D

In case anybody wants a Civilopedia entry:

"A7V/U - Allegmeine-Kriegs-Department 7, Abteilung Verkehrswesen (General War Department 7, Traffic Section) / Umlaufende Ketten - (all-round tracks). Its design was by Vollmer based on original A7V but featured sponsons and all-round tracks (features copied from British tanks). Armament consisted of two Belgian Maxim Nordenfeld 57mm or Russian 57mm Sokol or German 77mm guns mounted in side sponsons along with four to six 7.92mm Maxim 08/15 machine guns.Its suspension was based on Holt tractor (just as A7V) and was 8.5m long.Maximum speed was 12.5km/h and it was powered by two Daimler engines (just as A7V) producing 210hp. Armor protection ranged from 20mm to 30mm and entire tank weighted 39.6 tons. A7V/U was operated by the crew of 7 men. It resembled British Mark IV (Hermaphrodite) tank but was larger." (from "achtungpanzer.com")

Best,

Oz
That was quite fast o0 so taht's actualy the result of German reverse engineering of the British MKs? Would also look great as a Russian Tsarist what-if Tank

Ozzy commissioned me to do 3 tanks, and I was still putting off making the last one until last night. I think about 8 hours of work later I got this. I'm not saying it's 100% accurate because I only had a profile to work with, but I'm 90% happy with it. Only thing I left out this time was the hundreds of rivets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_Mark_B

textures are purely place holders. I'll cook up something else in the next few days.

No, I'm not BACK. Just tying up some loose ends is all. I gave my word to a friend I'd do this for him and even though it took me a while, I aim to keep my word. Especially since I got paid for it up front.

I found some time to cook up a texture map tonite. Actual color is much darker, the render settings are just to bring out the details.

Since it's Ozzy's final say.. where do you want the civ color? The large door in the middle, or 4 grey openings in the side?

I just love that. I soo wish you'd return and do some modern tanks, we're so lacking up-to-date modern material... :(

Good work on this tank, Ozzy will be happy. :)

I just love that. I soo wish you'd return and do some modern tanks, we're so lacking up-to-date modern material... :(

Good work on this tank, Ozzy will be happy. :)

Ozzy IS happy! - But I'm curious: what up-to-date modern material are you sorely missing?

Best,

Oz

PS Did you receive my email?

-O.

Top Bottom