Any future civs that will get super districts?

Trebjonn

Chieftain
Like combining 2 districts where you can build all the buildings and have the same adjacency bonuses?

I mean there are some combos that makes sense like

Theater + Entertainment district
Barracks + Aerodrome

Do you guys think this will be likely?

Barracks + Aerodrome
I would hope that aerodromes will get tweaked in the future anyway. As it is, it's way too much of a hassle to get even a smaller air force up and running (IMO). By the time you get to flight, chances are that your bigger cities with decent production simply haven't got enough tiles left to justify construction of the aerodrome.

S.

Maybe the Dutch with a harbour - commercial hybrid?
Airport - commercial is also a good combo.
I am also curious if they come up with whole new districts.

What I don't like is that special districts are out of the population restriction mechanism (like aqueduct and neighborhood).

So they should fix that first.

I would hope that aerodromes will get tweaked in the future anyway. As it is, it's way too much of a hassle to get even a smaller air force up and running (IMO). By the time you get to flight, chances are that your bigger cities with decent production simply haven't got enough tiles left to justify construction of the aerodrome.

S.

Disagree, the Aerodrome is very useful. Not just for the planes, but also for its significant production bonuses.

The problem is that the AI is currently so stupid that games are usually already won at that point.

What I don't like is that special districts are out of the population restriction mechanism (like aqueduct and neighborhood).

So they should fix that first.

Well, they are things that boost population/housing so it doesnt make sense that they should limit population, not to mention they are not really a strong district unless you need the housing. Which is important don't get me wrong, but I dont think they should limit you from building other of the big districts.

Maybe the Dutch with a harbour - commercial hybrid?
Airport - commercial is also a good combo.
I am also curious if they come up with whole new districts.

I had a suggestion about venice having commercial/harbour, but it kinda fell flat because commercial hubs is probably the most important hub and if you can only build it alongside the coast you might have problems when you are inland otherwise it fits really good thematically.

Aerodrome + Commercial sounds really good tough.

The aerodome + encampment is a good idea. I was already planning on modding out the entertainment district, and making those buildings build out of either the theatre square or the town center.

Well, they are things that boost population/housing so it doesnt make sense that they should limit population, not to mention they are not really a strong district unless you need the housing. Which is important don't get me wrong, but I dont think they should limit you from building other of the big districts.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I don't like that the special districts (acropolis, lavra, hansa, bath, etc.) are out of the population restriction. It's perfectly fine for neighborhood and aqueduct though.

It be interesting if they had it where you could build two of the same district adjacent only and they combined for a super bonus.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I don't like that the special districts (acropolis, lavra, hansa, bath, etc.) are out of the population restriction. It's perfectly fine for neighborhood and aqueduct though.

ohh Yeah, those... I agree especially because of Germany.

Red-light district for the Dutch. Replaces the entertainment district. 2 extra amenities if next to a harbour district.

No, I dont think it will happen and am not really suggesting it either. :)

But we dont have any unique encampment districts or science districts. So civ´s with those is something to consider. The great/famous military academies is however currently and historically used by civs already in the game so I dont know.

Top Bottom