Any good modders?

mbuna120

Chieftain
I don't know much about history but I would assume there was a civ or leader at some point known for copying other civs. I would like to know if anyone can create a civ who's unique attributes all are copied from other civs. I want to be able to play this civ :) perhaps his/her color could be...white? For example:

UA-(Understudy) Once per game may copy the UA of another civ with whom you've made contact.

UB-(Architectural Assimilation) Your buildings become copies of the UB of any civs in which you have a diplomat/spy.

UU-(Warfare Secrets) You may build the UU of any civ with which you share a declaration of friendship.

For the UB---your monuments could become Steeles for instance. And this ability would allow you to actually have several different civ's UBs in your cities at once.

Moderator Action: Moved to the main forum.
Because that's where questions belong to ;).

I don't know much about history but I would assume there was a civ or leader at some point known for copying other civs. I would like to know if anyone can create a civ who's unique attributes all are copied from other civs. I want to be able to play this civ :) perhaps his/her color could be...white? For example:

UA-(Understudy) Once per game may copy the UA of another civ with whom you've made contact.

UB-(Architectural Assimilation) Your buildings become copies of the UB of any civs in which you have a diplomat/spy.

UU-(Warfare Secrets) You may build the UU of any civ with which you share a declaration of friendship.

For the UB---your monuments could become Steeles for instance. And this ability would allow you to actually have several different civ's UBs in your cities at once.

Moderator Action: Moved to the main forum.
Because that's where questions belong to ;).

I know a bit about history and I don't believe there was ever a civ like that. But i could be wrong.

Hmm...well in any case I'd still like to see it created lol

Your chances of getting someone to do this for you are slim to none. Your best bet is to learn how to do it yourself.

I had a version of my Timurids mod that was able to steal rival civ UB's (all done with lua); however, it turned out the game wasn't built to handle it very well. The game seems to only look at the building type your civ is supposed to have instead of checking the general building class.

So, there were problems when building a building that required the previous building (couldn't build the university if you had the paper maker in your city instead of a library), national wonders (a krepost wouldn't count as a barracks in terms of building the heroic epic), double building (if you had a paper maker in your city you could still build the default library), free buildings (if a civic or wonder granted a free version of a building, it would double up and you'd have two of the building in the city).

A lot of those limitations you could fix with more lua, but not all of them. Fixing the free building thing would need a DLL edit, and possibly the national wonder problem as well. DLL edits aren't really the best idea for individual civ mods (due to cross mod compatibility) and are better suited for big mod packs.

(Ironically, I did have a mod in Civ IV with the same exact ability, and Civ IV handled it perfectly simply by checking the building class instead of the type).

In short, the game isn't really built for your idea. Implementing it would be a lot of work and require editing the DLL.

I know this idea has been shot down but as far as civ suggestions go I would say Brazil is the best choice. During Brazil's avant-garde movement of the 1920s the "Cannibal Manifesto" was written by Oswald de Andrade, which argued that Brazil's "cannibalization" of other countries was its greatest strength. This concept was then very influential on the Tropicalia movement of the 1960s, arguably Brazil's best-known artistic movement. Tropicalia was primarily a musical movement that has some interesting history behind it (involving "cannibalizing" American/British culture), but I won't digress.

Anyway, I enjoyed your concept, it's too bad it's unfeasible.

Top Bottom