Any one else getting world builder not responding?

Shaggz235

Chieftain
Not sure when it started since I haven't used it in a while. I click the icon to load it up and it just sits there and goes to (not responding). Also in the past when I clicked the SDK the new window would pop up and present the options for worldbuilder, nexus, etc. Now when I attempt to open it, the window opens but then steam pops up quickly and covers the sdk window.

I have window 7 64 bit if that helps any one

edit: I recently upgraded to windows 7 and now using dx11. Prior to this, whenever I used the worldbuilder it was with dx9

Moderator Action: Moved to C&C.

I just got this today. Worked fine yesterday. I recently used the Ingame Editor mod to change some Jungle tiles from Grassland into Plains (stupid wb bug), but I doubt that can be the cause?

The little box with the options comes up for me, but the wb window hangs after 10 seconds or so. The error box says the program 'stopped communicating with Windows' fwiw. I guess she's giving old W. the silent treatment... :lol:

Same here.

On a related note, how do I load superhuge map sizes in the editor?

Like, what's the hard llimit, and how do I do it? I know you can get past the limit the world builder gives you somehow.

EDIT: On a somewhat related note, is the nexus tool/asset viewer still broken?

Whenever I start world builder, [anyway I start it] it crashes. It brings up the steam window and then it crashes. Also, I know that world builder has to have a Civ V process running in the background, and no process starts when I start worldbuilder, [checked task manager], please help?

Same here. Seems to be related to today's steam update. Guess there's nothing but wait and hope for a patch-patch.

Same here. Seems to be related to today's steam update. Guess there's nothing but wait and hope for a patch-patch.

Didn't realize there was an update so that info is helpful, and seeing others having the same problem is reassuring. So hopefully it was the update.

And sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I noticed it was moved.

Same here.
BTW: ModBuddy seems to work fine.
It's very frustrating that almost every time steam updates itself there is some new problem and another thing stops working or creates problems. wrrr...

There are reports on the 2k forums that direct links to start CiV in DX10/11 mode (ie without going via the initial pop-up selection menu) were broken by the last Steam upgrade. WB uses those shortcuts to start CiV as a background process.

Seems that Steam breaks like that about every 6 months - you'd think they'd add it to the list of things to QA before releasing 111Mb of (unasked for) download!

There are reports on the 2k forums that direct links to start CiV in DX10/11 mode (ie without going via the initial pop-up selection menu) were broken by the last Steam upgrade. WB uses those shortcuts to start CiV as a background process.

Seems that Steam breaks like that about every 6 months - you'd think they'd add it to the list of things to QA before releasing 111Mb of (unasked for) download!

Does this effect the other SDK mod tools, then, too?

The shortcut goes via steam ... it looks like "steam://rungameid/8930"

I have actually been having this same exact problem for a couple of weeks now, so I would not say that it has anything to do with the most recent Steam update. I have been trying to figure out what the problem is and am not having any luck.

I sent a support ticket to steam about this.

I suggest you all do the same so they will see this as something that's not isolated and should be fixed with urgency.

Top Bottom