any realtime no turn mods?

kirklar

Chieftain
im looking for a mod that takes turns out of the game for 100 percent real time gameplay.

:rotfl: buy Rise Of Nations...
I don't think that what you're proposing is possible. Why would you want to make it RTS anyway, trun-based is practically the essence of the Civ series?

This is just about impossible to do. I see a way it could work, but it would involve millions of turns auto-going by in the game.

And, Freakwave, that statement is non-sequitur. What does that have to do with multiplayer and realtime?

This is just about impossible to do.

Not really.
The engine, which civ uses (GameBryo) is a real time engine, and they had to hack into it to make it turn based.
But to make it again real time you'd probably have to have access to the .exe.

You would need to entirely rewrite the game, pretty much from the ground up.

what i mean if "if" people misunderstood is the option to not hit the end turn button to continue the game.

There is a turn timer in multiplayer. I continued multiplayer games as singleplayer. So they are not mutually exclusive thats why i didnt think it impossible.

Turn-based with a turn timer is still turn-based. A real-time game is essentially a simulator, where the game-state is updated by elapsing the CPU clock. Fundamentally, they are different.

In terms of "tricks", you might emulate some of the feel of real-time, in a turn-based, if you set a limit on the number of units that each player could move per turn. You'd also have to rewrite the AI to make it less CPU-intensive (and dumber), so the the end of turn sequence took less time.

Top Bottom