Any tips on making the load times go faster?

HuckC

Chieftain
especially on a huge map, my specs are:
933 P3
128 rdram
geforce 2 64mb

seems like i can finish a novel in between the AI computing its turn any tips besides not animating the moves? do the number of civs have an effect?

NY Hoya

Emperor
Originally posted by HuckC
especially on a huge map, my specs are:
933 P3
128 rdram
geforce 2 64mb

seems like i can finish a novel in between the AI computing its turn any tips besides not animating the moves? do the number of civs have an effect?

that's pretty much the same system i run and I don't notice horrible lags even on huge maps. That being said, I rarely play with more than 10-11 AI civs. The more AI civs you have playing, the larger your wait will be.

erix

Warlord
I have a solution for you.
For a week; play on a PII -400 with 64 mb ram. Than switch to your computer. You won't believe the speed. :D

Highlander_two

Chieftain
Good one Erix!:goodjob:

For all of you that complain about the slowness of the game, try playing on my nearly 6 year old Pentium Pro 200 with 32 MEGS of RAM. According to the game specs, I shouldn't even be able to load the game, yet I've been playing it now for over 2 months and enjoying the H**L out of it (most of the time).;)

BTW, I just added 128 MEGS of RAM to my computer. You wouldn't believe the speed increase!:D

Top Bottom