Any tips on making the load times go faster?

HuckC

Chieftain
especially on a huge map, my specs are:
933 P3
128 rdram
geforce 2 64mb

seems like i can finish a novel in between the AI computing its turn any tips besides not animating the moves? do the number of civs have an effect?

Originally posted by HuckC
especially on a huge map, my specs are:
933 P3
128 rdram
geforce 2 64mb

seems like i can finish a novel in between the AI computing its turn any tips besides not animating the moves? do the number of civs have an effect?

that's pretty much the same system i run and I don't notice horrible lags even on huge maps. That being said, I rarely play with more than 10-11 AI civs. The more AI civs you have playing, the larger your wait will be.

I have a solution for you.
For a week; play on a PII -400 with 64 mb ram. Than switch to your computer. You won't believe the speed. :D

Good one Erix!:goodjob:

For all of you that complain about the slowness of the game, try playing on my nearly 6 year old Pentium Pro 200 with 32 MEGS of RAM. According to the game specs, I shouldn't even be able to load the game, yet I've been playing it now for over 2 months and enjoying the H**L out of it (most of the time).;)

BTW, I just added 128 MEGS of RAM to my computer. You wouldn't believe the speed increase!:D

Top Bottom