Any way to completely remove tooltips?

mice

Moose
This is what I'd like to do right now. Completely remove them . The UI modded is good now but the thing that always annoys my vision is the constant tooltip in view, not just plot , but the menus too.

Any help appreciated

I'll assume you are familiar with Vans Quick UI and Notepad ++. You'll need to edit the PlotToolTip.lua file. Its included in Vans mod, in the UI > ToolTips folders.

With Notepad++, at line 18, you will see this :
"local m_isForceOff :boolean = false; -- Force always off"

Change " false; " to " true; "
This will remove terrain tooltips, but keep tips for Units, Resources, and anything not terrain.

If you need help, just ask in Vans thread https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/quick-ui-civilization-6.600946/

I believe that I have figured out a way to delay the tool tip spam across all of the game.

If you download Visual Studio Code or whatever editor you prefer to use, you can do a search across the \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI directory for the RealizeTooltipBehavior function you can add an else statement at the bottom of the if statement inside the function that does the following:

else
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 5.0 );
end

This will update the Tool Tip delays to 5 seconds instead of instantly. I have noticed it is not exactly 5 seconds but it does what you would expect.

This is what the function in the \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\MainMenu.lua file looks like after I made this change there:

function RealizeTooltipBehavior()
local toolTipBehavior:number = Options.GetAppOption("UI", "TooltipBehavior");
if toolTipBehavior == TooltipBehavior.AlwaysShowing then
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 0.0 );
elseif toolTipBehavior == TooltipBehavior.ShowAfterDelay then
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 2.0 ); -- seconds to delay before showing
elseif toolTipBehavior == TooltipBehavior.ShowOnButton then
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 0.0 ); -- no delay (but require button.)
else
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 5.0 );
end
end

It does not remove the tool tip but technically you could set the delay to whatever amount of seconds you want.

Make sure you take a back up of any files you edit in case something messes up.

I know this is a bit old but here goes:

Completely disable the tooltip :

Save the attached file "PlotToolTip.lua" to the following folder : "Civfolder\Base\Assets\UI\ToolTips.lua"

It will disable all the tooltips in the game.

I know this is a bit old but here goes:

Completely disable the tooltip :

Save the attached file "PlotToolTip.lua" to the following folder : "Civfolder\Base\Assets\UI\ToolTips.lua"

It will disable all the tooltips in the game.
where's the attatched file?

Top Bottom