[R&F] Anybody See Any Turtles Yet?

I have found turtles near a small 2 tile island, so I colonised it. Has a lot of sea resources and quite a nice harbour.

Me me! I have :D

Nope, not yet. No olives, either. :(

Lots of amber, like everyone else says.

I seen Olives too. Must be a yuuuge map thing...

So, about those new resources...

I see amber all over the place, both on land and off the coast. (Odd that you build fishing boats for amber...)

I see olives once in a blue moon. Very, very rare though.

I have NEVER seen turtles. Has anybody seen them? Are they actually implemented in R&F? I know they're in the Civilopedia.

Any tips on where to look?

Got them on my first game. Funny thing is I didn't notice them for the longest time, they were next to a reef, and I didn't improve them for the longest time because of it. The icon isn't real prominent, so look closely guys and gals.

My current game I got multiple sources of olives. Haven't seen any turtles though.

Played a huge archipelago map. Turtles were everywhere, though I couldn't find any whales whatsoever. Different maps spawn different luxury resources and most maps will not have every type.

Also tried Europe on huge, that one didn't have turtles but it had tons of olives.

The relevant table that the Resource generator script grabs doesn't have a high enough value for all 4 sea luxuries to appear on one map, even for Huge maps. I've fixed this with my Truly Abundant Resources (the fix works even if you don't select Truly Abundant for your Resources option). So all huge maps will try to place all 4 unique sea luxuries.

The other issue is that turtles can only spawn on reef which limits them further.

Wow, I'll have to find your mod and try it out. Pretty silly if it's a simple value limitation of the map generator code, I was hoping we had left that behind with Civ V.

So, about those new resources...

I see amber all over the place, both on land and off the coast. (Odd that you build fishing boats for amber...)

I see olives once in a blue moon. Very, very rare though.

I have NEVER seen turtles. Has anybody seen them? Are they actually implemented in R&F? I know they're in the Civilopedia.

Any tips on where to look?

Haven't seen turtles yet, but in my second game I started close to a source of Olives.

I have found them several times, but always way off the coast. I have gotten amber within my borders, but the AI always seems to spawn near the olive tiles. In any event, they exist!

I've only found Amber so far. So many I'd make a Jurassic Park out of it and trample all AI civs with tamed dinosaurs.

Remember you’ll need a Zoo and an Archeological Museum for that

Regarding resources. I’ve already collected olives, and I’ve seen a normal amount of amber (not collected it yet). Turtles I’ve spotted once (off-coast reef), as commented by others, they may be a bit more difficult to get.

I've seen them in enemy territory, but never mine. Olives seem medium-common and Amber seems very common.

Two games in so far, spotted olives and turtle in both. In contrast with other responses here, no amber yet.

I haven't found any on Gedemon's splendid maps, but if I find one
I'll mark it with a Terra pin.

Are Gedemon's maps working with R&F already? I had not dared to hope!

Do I need to download anew or what?

I already miss playing on the Ludicrous map.

Oh...and just to add my own observation....

I have seen turtles, olives and amber in all my games so far.

Top Bottom