Anyone else hate trade routes?

George is Angry

Chieftain
Seriously, re-sending trade vehicles every 20 rounds is MADDENING. I know there are some mods that fix this, but honestly I'd rather just the bonuses be built into the cities or something, or scrap it altogether and balance the game around maybe 10-20 trade routes like in Civ 5. Going wide is so annoying, given that trade routes are so important, making them something that can't just be ignored. Errrg, makes me not even want to finish my game. :mad:

game's unplayable, every 2nd round I need to reroute couple of trade units.
IMo TR should look like tihs:
1. you pick route
2. You CAN change route is Trade Routes window after 25 turns. A simple info 'You can now reroute your trade unit' is enough, no unit activation please, no clicking on yes/no/maybe/later

How wide are you playing? I like the idea of cutting down the trade routes to 1 per city. I feel like that plus interface fixes (sort by yield, etc) and balancing would make most people happy. I think scrapping it altogether is unnecessary and cuts out some strategic choices.

EDIT: yes, auto-renew would be nice, too. I prefer that over the suggestion of having the ability to change the route (or not) at every turn (after 20) because then the optimal strategy might be to check every route each turn.

I still think an "auto renew" toggle button for each route on the trade screen would be very nice for players who don't want to micro. They could toggle "auto renew" for a trade route and forget about it.

Top Bottom