Anyone Else think the narrator sounds like a drunk buffoon?

I sorta see it

I don't like the guy. He sounds too old and formal. Yeah I know Nimoy is old too, but he's also Spock. :)

The guy for civ5 just sounds boring. They should have gotten someone more interesting like Charlie Sheen or something. :)

I don't like the guy. He sounds too old and formal. Yeah I know Nimoy is old too, but he's also Spock. :)

The guy for civ5 just sounds boring. They should have gotten someone more interesting like Charlie Sheen or something. :)

Because we needed the narrator to say "<insert some tech accomplishment here> because you're addicted to... WINNING... Duh! Pump up on Tiger Blood and go kill <Other Civ>" :)

It's like he's trying to sound majestic but in his efforts ends up being inaudible.

Definitely a downgrade from the retired Nimoy.

Old and formal is what they were going for. Sort of in keeping with the whol Art Deco feel of the UI.

Sigh. Nimoy did fine. But if he were just some guy nobody had heard of, then people would have not liked his narration as much.

The new guy is good. Very good. I like some quotes more than others, but I thought the same thing about previous versions. I'm sure he'd apologize to you that he doesn't earn as many nerdpoints as the previous guy. ;)

nerd points are important. They could have gotten Shatner actually.

I should note that some of it is the selection of quotes. I don't like the quotes nearly as much as Civ4's quotes. You can't blame the narrator for that.

Hah, thought it was him!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0792003/

William Morgan Sheppard is the narrator. Guy has been a guest star in Star Trek at least twice and has appeared in a host of other shows. I knew I'd heard that voice in Voyager before, and I seemed to recall him being a Vulcan in the new Star Trek movie. Also upon thinking about it, he was that insane mastermind prisoner in MacGyver...

Got to be worth some "nerd points" - guy has been in Star Trek (TNG, Voyager, the new movie), MacGyver, Dr.Who, all sorts of stuff.

Hah, thought it was him!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0792003/

William Morgan Sheppard is the narrator. Guy has been a guest star in Star Trek at least twice and has appeared in a host of other shows. I knew I'd heard that voice in Voyager before, and I seemed to recall him being a Vulcan in the new Star Trek movie. Also upon thinking about it, he was that insane mastermind prisoner in MacGyver...

Got to be worth some "nerd points" - guy has been in Star Trek (TNG, Voyager, the new movie), MacGyver, Dr.Who, all sorts of stuff.

Haha, probably not up to Nimoy level but still respectable.

I can't help but be reminded of Rowley Brikin QC, the mumbling buffoon;

I think it still sounds better than Leonard Nemoy's "Phoning it in" performance on Civ4

"Put your sholder to the wheel....Is my check ready yet?"

Top Bottom