Anyone Else think the narrator sounds like a drunk buffoon?

He sounds bored. Maybe it's a subtle consumer warning.
:lol::lol:
Yeah, in a similar manner to Samuel L. Jackson's voice on "Afro Samurai" - with every line of his I could hear him saying "I'm doing this for money, my god this is dumb, when will it end so I can go home?" :lol:
Not that I've managed to watch more than two episodes of this crap ^^

Shatner it should be, and for every tech I discover there should be a video of Shatner explaining something mind boggling loosely related to the tech. In the wilds, with a rifle in his hand and scotch bottle in the other.

haha, funny. I didn't make that drunken connection before, but now I kind of hear it.

Also, I hate him more with each passing game. I think you may have temporarily reversed that trend, OP, now that you've given me the mental image of him waving a spilling glass of beer around and stumbling all over the bar room as he shouts "A HORSE!!!!!!!"

I like the new narrator, although Nimoy would've been better.

I think Christopher Lee should narrate for 6, although Shatner'd be pretty awesome/hilarious.

There's narration in Civ?!?!?! I guess I'm glad that I always have my own music playing while civving.

Nimoy did a great job.

So did W Morgan Sheppard, who for the culturally ignorant, was the fine aged thespian who voiced the narration for the game. The man put up with having to do two Ted Turner movies, and supplied voice talent to the MoH series. And he's a God...

*lovingly touches picture of Morgan Sheppard on his wall in a vaguely obscene way*

Although, Edward James Olmos is the pure definition of awesome at anything he does and has been for a good 20 years.... ;)

The only thing I hear when I think of this guy is "OHHHHHHHHHHH great lord!" and sometimes "your PEOple..."

In Civ6 it should be Stephen Hawkings!

"In the beginning of time" "GASP" "we went out forth" "GASP" "to find our new home" "GASP"

He is my idol!

I want the computer's voice from TNG - too bad Majel Barrett is dead. :-(

anyway, I always laugh with the getty quote "...but NOT ITS MINERAL rights"

The new guy is not bad but I hate some of the techs.

Steel is particularly bad in comparison with Nimoy's version.

Not a big fan of horseback riding either.

He's hit or miss in my opinion.

It almost seems like he recorded some of them on a Monday and some on other days of the week. :lol:

I'd like to say the robotics quote is kind of corny. At least to me. Maybe some people like it. But it seemed out of place and not related to actual robotics.

Top Bottom