Anyone Fancy A PBEM?

BCLG100

Music Master
Hokay, so my pbem list is nearly into the single figures again after My team absolutly dumped on tubby and Whomp.

Anyone fancy a pbem? I'd honestly prefer this to be civ4/warlords but can be accomadating... :)

Anyone fancy a pbem? I'd honestly prefer this to be civ4/warlords but can be accomadating...
Civ4 :confused: :aargh: :vomit:

I don't think we have faced off yet, so i'll be happy to beat you

How you want the cards to lay down then? imindifferrent on everything or should we wait for another couple of folk to join?

If others want to join thats fine. But lets just keep it simple with standard settings

are you guys talking about C3C or CIV. I would be game...

We are talking civ 4. If we get the interest maybe we could have a team game pairing up civ 4 experts with stuck in a time warp civ 3 players;)

We are talking civ 4.
Aw, that's too bad and so sad. I've been wanting to try a PBEM just to learn how it's done, but I scratched my Civ3 disk last time I took it out of the drive (1 1/2 years ago), had to buy a new one and don't plan to do that again. :eek:

Keep me in mind if ya ever want to do a TDG for n00bs at PBEMs on Civ3. I retired from my job last Monday, and now I have the time. :p

You could sub for me in a PBEM I have a compfortable lead in, gma, if you really want to try. I happen to need subs for the next month.

Happy retirement !! [party]

You could sub for me in a PBEM I have a compfortable lead in, gma, if you really want to try. I happen to need subs for the next month.

Happy retirement !! [party]

Thanks for the offer, BEF! I dunno. What are the parameters and who else is in the game? I only play at Monarch in personal epic games. If you're at a level higher than that, I'd probably sink your game in short order. :sad:

What I think I'm really needing is to begin a new game with one or several folks who have the patience to teach me the mechanics as we go. I'd like to learn how to DO it without worrying about whether or not I can win.

In being a part of the MTDGs, I have trouble understanding the big picture when only seeing a single turn at a time.

I would have that patience ... in a month's time.

Seeing the big picture and figuring out what to do requires more planning and discipline than in an epic SP game, and then you have to put human variability in thwe bucket, but it's a more interesting experience in a lot of occasions because of that.

then you have to put human variability in thwe bucket, but it's a more interesting experience in a lot of occasions because of that.

Yes, and I'm always reluctant to play against friends in any game. I'd find it hard to try to kill them. It took me a very long time to even enjoy killing off the AI, though I'm getting better at that. :p

I find it easier playing against friends than say via gamespy and the such like. Mainly because you know they'll finish it rather than give up as soon as something bad happens.

since I gave the impression of being against CIV here earlier. I had my fair share of MP games after CIV came out. It's a huge let down as people tend to drop out when they lose, then there were always those issues with gamespy, suddenly you were deemed to have a bad connection, people would be out of sync etc. And, I was just tired of all that + the childish rants in the lobby...I mean I am maybe too old for all that name calling and childish throwing of 4 letter words...I am not so free to waste my time with that sort of nonsense...

A game with people from civfanatics might be different, though my CIV skills have suffered from my long break from that game (it's the graphics that really put me off amongt many other things)

Sounds like fun but there's two season in Chicago, summertime and civtime. I think I'll be an innocent bystander and sub if anyone needs one.

bald man #1 said:
I think I'll be an innocent bystander and sub if anyone needs one.
ditto says bald man #2 (I'll remain unspoiled so as to be a replacement option for anyone)

Top Bottom