Anyone still here?

the 3-way tie is probably our best "win option" from what I gathered in this thread, but seemed to me like CP really want to drag CivFR into the winners board.

If no 3-way tie, we will be second in score after we are done with CP in some 10 turns from now. Then, it is hard to say what will happen. Poly have advantage in GNP and land, but we still have our Uciv allies, which have the best GNP and we can steal from them almost instant everything they tech, so we will be in par at techs in no time. After this, it depends again on the diplomacy. What Uciv are going to do. Will they stick with us or they choose independent shot at the win? But then, if CP is on their knees by then, how will MZ allow this to happen? Diplomatically I might say we are in the best position. Long time partners with Uciv and they actually hardly ever spoke with other teams lately (not that they speak to us either, but they keep doing what we last agreed on). CP is trying to put a wedge between us with saying Uciv deserve to be included as winner where we supported the 3-way tie, but Uciv had already said in private to us that they acknowledge that they were not the most deserving team to be winner, "but maybe second or third" in such a game is still good for them. Who knows, maybe since then and with starting to amass tanks this their attitude had changed a bit?

Poly and CP are not going to get together. MZ's long dislike for Ot4e's ways had been re-ignated lately with CP razing the precious Poly capitol, which was also the best city in the world and like 1/3 of the Poly's economics. Hard blow really. But MZ's 160 tanks are intact and on CP's borders :)

Big role is that CivFR could play, but they seem passive so far and this does not change since quite a lot of time. They have 50+ canons 40+ cavalries and 30+ infantries, but they are just sitting in deaf defense guarding their core with capitol included. We with MZ have some 80-100 infantry/MGs/few tanks and artillery entrenched in our the front city and thats it - trench war. There is just stalemate as of now.

I had sent a mail and a PM to Uciv turnplayer Zioun to ask them to join us with their army and continue teching so we can steal techs.

Argh, forum just ate my post :mad:

Anyways, to recap, a new turn (T246) brings some good news on the war front.

After a long and bloody battle, we have this result against CivPlayers:

You have captured Tlapanaloya!!!
You have destroyed the city of Tlapanaloya!!!
Your Jeanne d'Arc has destroyed a Anti-Tank!
You have captured Ecatepec!!!
You have destroyed the city of Ecatepec!!!

We also got a GG from the fighting.

Some funny updates from the APT email:

Your Tank was attacked by an enemy Airship! (-13% Damage)
Thunderstorm
Your Anti-Tank has intercepted a Aztec Airship! (-30% Damage)

Did CP's turn get interrupted by a power outage? Did the APT Mod somehow learn to report thunderstorms in Caledorn's area???

Your Destroyer has destroyed a Destroyer!

:lol:

And a few last pieces of news from the turn:

mz has completed Rock N Roll!
George Washington Goethals (Great Engineer) has been born in City Ecologicum (Zioun)!

Oh, and I PM'ed Cal the turn order, as he requested in the tech thread. However, I don't think the APT Mod will allow us to change the order mid-war.

Thanks Yossa for writing updates, I know I promised to write update with pics myself, but I struggle with finding time and the will to do it. Being beaten badly in 1 other big game - RBPB17 and fighting post-modern war with 5 guys in Red Rum over WPC, those two suck up all my mental energy and RL time I can devote to civ.

And yes, the wave are turning around I think. I launched those as you noticed quite bloody attacks (damned RNG is not with us at all, losing constantly 70+%). I had ambition to even raze 2 more core cities of them, but was late 1 turn and the culture prevented me. Actually, I miscounted some tiles and even if the culture was OK, I was going to fail in attacking one of those cities anyway because of worker moves depletion. But now, I have a new plan for getting those 2 and some more :)

CP's attention is drawn away by the monstrous Poly stack MZ had sent in, consisting of ~230 units - mainly tanks, backed up by fighters and bombers.

Our stack is way less impressive, but it is still good enough - about 150 units strong without counting them - out of the top of my head :)

It sounds like fun times indeed! (Though I imagine pushing 150+ pieces around each turn plus micromanaging however many cities is a bit arduous)

Wow, those stack sizes are quite crazy! What are your late-game civics and do you use corporations? Do you use mainly self research or steal teches? Or both, your passive EP generation is quite respectable? How much do you micro at this point workers and cities?

Edit: I thought that screenie shows cfc:s empire and army, but I read your post again and realized I was wrong.

I guess this is over now. I've been out of town for a couple weeks so I just saw this.

Good game everyone. It was a fun journey. I am very happy to have been a part of this team. It's been nice getting to know you guys. We had some great times over the past couple years. I wish I could have stayed more involved at the end, but life got in the way of that.

It's good that the game ended before 2015, but slightly disappointing for it to go out with such a whimper and no satisfying conclusion.

Special thanks to 2metra and Sommers for organizing this, and Caledorn for admining. :hatsoff:

Whoever has the power should unlock this thread (if it is still locked) so the other teams can come in and marvel at the awesomeness that was Team CFC!

I support a draw
Bah!:nope:... Easy for me to say ;)... I can certainly understand why that was decided... These long games inevitably end up here at some point.

I guess this is over now. I've been out of town for a couple weeks so I just saw this.

Good game everyone. It was a fun journey. I am very happy to have been a part of this team. It's been nice getting to know you guys. We had some great times over the past couple years. I wish I could have stayed more involved at the end, but life got in the way of that.

It's good that the game ended before 2015, but slightly disappointing for it to go out with such a whimper and no satisfying conclusion.

Special thanks to 2metra and Sommers for organizing this, and Caledorn for admining. :hatsoff:

Whoever has the power should unlock this thread (if it is still locked) so the other teams can come in and marvel at the awesomeness that was Team CFC!
Not so fast (see my post in the general thread :lol:)

In any case if it is truly over I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for such a great experience... I also apologize for my long absence, but in praise of CFC I will say that the mark of a good team is that it can survive the loss of founders, major players, etc and still be strong... Depth, my friends... You guys are THE BEST!!!

Well done 2metraninja. Thanks for putting a level of dedication into this beyond any sane man! And thanks to everyone else on the team -- it's been fun.

They did.. :D
They did....

civforum.de has also opened it's (shorter than yours) ISDG2 sub forum but unluckily for you, the forum is encoded in german as well. ;)

Interesting foreign policy thread by the way.

Greetings
The wise men of the Inca.. :)

They did.. :D
They did....

civforum.de has also opened it's (shorter than yours) ISDG2 sub forum but unluckily for you, the forum is encoded in german as well. ;)

Interesting foreign policy thread by the way.

Greetings
The wise men of the Inca.. :)

Hi Pluton, nice to see you here! I hope you enjoy our threads. I may go check out your threads (if google can translate for me).

We were very intrigued by your team. Unfortunately, we didn't follow up very well with diplo with you guys, sorry about that. We had you listed as one of the top teams to look out for at the beginning, and were sad to see your bad luck in getting attacked early.

I'd be very interested to hear your team's perspective of this game and your wars especially. How much warning did you have of the WPC attack? What happened with your delay in preparing for the RB attack?

2metraninja said:
Sommerswerd said:
Hey buddy!

I am just leaving work but I wanted to at least say Hi I caught you on the RB forum!!!

Like old times eh?:cool:

Heheh! Yeah, man, I missed you.

:cool:
I think it is ironic (and telling) that after our posts one of the RB guys did the equivalent of throwing a tantrum and knocking the chessboard off the table (by posting text of a novel instead of contributing to the discussion). Obviously he intends to get the thread closed. Then another RB guy comes on and declares that the discussion is over and begs the Mods to close the thread. Then Mod promptly closes the thread, ensuring that no one else will read it.

:lol:

A funny part of that discussion was RB guys kept saying they wanted the game to be "fair" meaning that their way of playing is the only fair way to play and "our" way is unfair...

But I openly admitted to them that I felt their players were good, even better than most everyone else and so I thought it would be foolish for everyone to play their way, as it gave them an advantage, when they already had an advantage because of being great players.

So the argument then, is what they wanted (possibly subconsciously) was an unfair fight. They wanted the settings that they were accustomed to, that would basically ensure them the easy victory, and that is what they considered "fair" ie, that they win easily. Whereas what I wanted was something that would help to take them out of their comfort zone, making the game more "fair." Obviously then, the argument can be made that either setting was the "fair" one. Generally, you can always argue that what YOU want is what is truly "fair", no matter what you want.

But I, (unlike some of their guys, apparently) realized the trap in this thinking. There is no "fair." There is only what I want, versus what opponent wants. Neither is fair and it is pure vanity to presume that what you want is the "fair" thing. That is why I never tried to make the argument that "my" settings were the truly "fair" ones... Its an illusory, somewhat delusional argument.

Anyway, see you on CFC... maybe we can continue the discussion there without the board getting flipped ;)
2metra and I were discussing how the game went over at RB and one of the RB players got angry at the discussion and intentionally tried to get the thread closed. Apparently, given the last comment in the thread, he has used this same tactic successfully in the past to get threads closed.

So they closed the thread, which is sad :sad: for me because I was mainly trying to get to know some guys over there to hopefully butter them up to invite them to a Civ V Diplogame Pitboss(yes Caledorn I am still intending to get this going eventually :yup: I haven't given up!).

Anyway as an added bonus, the discussion was actually getting good when the thread was abruptly closed. Here is a link to the thread if anyone is interested (I joined the discussion around page 24, post #239) http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=7238

I guess we can continue the discussion here... or not... Either way, it would be nice to hear from any of you guys that are still around. I miss you guys:D!

Fair play to RB for the initial openness.

Just a shame some of the other teams, after starting agreement didn't do so.

I'm not willing to post anymore after this because this is not engaging enough anymore but I'll defend myself by saying that I implicitly asked for the thread to be locked not because I was afraid we were "losing" the debate but because that thread was basically an undead horse and was just a waste of time. You would bump the thread every ten days or so and that would resurrect it for a little while for example. If I didn't do that the thread would have died when people stopped responding to your bumps without doing anything useful. It don't think it's possible to talk about which side caused the thread to be useless because being on different sides is too much of a gap.

I do want to end on a positive note though by pointing out something that we both agree with--that it's not possible to agree on what settings are "fair". CFC and RB are too entrenched on their rules for them to switch sides voluntarily so it would always turn into openly pushing for your rules and SevenSprits idea of "avoiding bad blood" and a "discussion" was very naïve. Even if the "mod" pushed hard to avoid the rules becoming partisan things would be very hard. Because Sullla made it so only LP could post here (I think he did it because of the same attitude SevenSprits had) even if Sommer had sat out (because he was the real mod) I think even civic-spy swap missions had a good chance of getting in. Now civic-spy swap was not used but I'm pretty sure that it made Sullla over-eager to win ASAP, launch his attack against Inca and play very aggressively in general... which didn't end well... So basically RB came into this game with the wrong attitude (this incident was one sign of it) and this time they weren't able to avoid punishment for it.

Apparently, given the last comment in the thread, he has used this same tactic successfully in the past to get threads closed.

The last comment was by me, and that's not what it referred to at all. (Xenu is a mod, after all, he doesn't need to bait anyone into closing threads.)

Top Bottom