Anyone still playing Medieval II?

I would love a Pike & Shot Total War game. One of my favorite mods for Rome Total War was "With Fire and Sword" set during the 17th century in Eastern Europe. Disciplined blocks of pikemen and musketeers facing off against massed charged by Winged Hussars.

?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

>Link to video.

Those are some awesome clips, thanks for sharing:)>Link to video.

There was also a War of the Roses mod for Medieval II (I think, maybe Rome) that featured a mix of gunpowder and pike units. I played through a campaign of it, and while it wasn't quite my cup of tea, it was a different pace between Medieval II and Empire.

The thing that keeps me playing Medieval II is the Third Age Total War mod. In fact, I don't think I've ever played the vanilla Medieval II and that mod was the only reason I bought the game in first place.

And I stick around for The Elder Scrolls: Total War these days. In fact, I got M2 a few years after release and never moved on to any other TW games. I'm nowhere near done with it.

I just have a quick question about Medieval II that I don't think it's worth a new thread so I'll post it here:

I've noticed my army upkeep costs keep increasing despite the fact that I'm not training any new units. In all the time I've been playing Medieval II I've never noticed this before and I was wondering if this is some sort of bug or if there is some mechanic at play here that I'm not aware of? It's really bothering me because it's not like it's increasing by small amounts either, my upkeep is going up by at least 1000 every turn even when I'm not training units and it's crippling my economy.

So does anyone know what could be causing this? I've looked it up on Google and searched the Total War forums, but haven't found anything about this.

Never heard of anything like that in all my years of M2...is it your treasury report telling you this, the unit cards, or both?

I'm assuming you're playing a mod. Ask the modders if they'd seen this before.

Never heard of anything like that in all my years of M2...is it your treasury report telling you this, the unit cards, or both?

I'm assuming you're playing a mod. Ask the modders if they'd seen this before.

It's my treasury report that's telling me this. I am playing Third Age Total War. I'll test it out in an unmodded game of Medieval II to see if it happens there.

So I tested this real quick on an unmodded version of Medieval II and the problem is still there, although it doesn't seem to be as bad. Instead of increasing by around a 1000 each turn, my upkeep only increased by about 50-100 each turn without training any new units.

My test method was to just keep hitting the end turn button without building anything at all, not even buildings, and my army upkeep still kept increasing.

EDIT: So it seems the problem is with Medieval II, but for some reason the Third Age mod is making it much worse.

That's very strange. Never had that happen to me. I'd recommend reporting it on the mod's subforum on TWC.

Odd. I tried just now, new unmodded game as Venice, and army maintenance stayed exactly the same for the first 5 turns while doing nothing but end turn. Not sure why it's increasing in your case :dunno:.

Top Bottom