[NFP] Apocalypse mod soothsayer issues

civfan_999

Chieftain
Tried out the apocalypse mod and the soothsayer doesn't seem to work right.

I flooded my own river twice and didn't gain any fertility on any tiles. Likewise, erupting volcanoes with soothsayers does not appear to add fertility. Yet, soothsayers cannot be used on tiles in enemy territory, so I don't understand the purpose of the unit. They can't be used to fertilize locally and they can't be used to kill/sabotage enemies unless there are tiles outside their territory (i.e. you can flood a river or erupt a volcano in an enemy city as long as there is one tile outside the enemy territory that you can stand on) but they also can't be used to fertilize your own land? What am I missing?

The only thing that I was able to do with soothsayers is start fires and that power seems pretty OP. Burn one tile and it can spread to all adjacent forest/jungle tiles, which it usually does. Those tiles are worth less while on fire, but the fire burns out pretty quick. Then the trees regrow. After regrowing, the tiles are +1 food and +1 production. Then you can burn them down again. I had tiles that were 5 food/3 production before I even built a lumber mill. I burned this one big area a few times before settling and had the best city I have ever had in all my games. Amazing production, amazing food. It was settled pretty late and it was as good as my capital in no time.

It seems like maybe they should only get the benefits the first time they burn down? Or maybe there should be a certain percent chance that they regrow and a chance that they don't? Or they always regrow, but just have a chance at fertility, like floods and volcanoes, instead of 100% guarantee.

Top Bottom