• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Apocolypto Mod

billscigar

Chieftain
With the success of the movie Apocolypto Ive been thinking of creating a full mod based on the continents of North and South America.I wanted this to be as historical and accurate as possible and here in lies the first snag.For playability it would be best to have around 20 civs on a huge map.I had come up with the idea of turning the North American continent into "tribes" of the native American Indians.However to allocate the starting positions "historically" I cant find any Nth American Indian tribes which were founded on the eastern side of the country.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/award98/ienhtml/tribes.html

This as far as I know is the government site with the information of founding areas right from the tribal elders mouths so to speak and if you check each region you see my dilemna.Any ACCURATE information of tribes and their historically most famous leaders for tribes from the eastern side of the continent would be a great help.

I was also curious if anyone seems interested in either playing this mod or even better taking over the design idea to completion as while I can do an excellent job of creating it...I do have a seriously ill son at home that I take care of so bringing this Mod to completion would be "timewise" a long way off.

Thanks for any info and ideas in advance.

Bill

With the success of the movie Apocolypto Ive been thinking of creating a full mod based on the continents of North and South America.I wanted this to be as historical and accurate as possible and here in lies the first snag.For playability it would be best to have around 20 civs on a huge map.I had come up with the idea of turning the North American continent into "tribes" of the native American Indians.However to allocate the starting positions "historically" I cant find any Nth American Indian tribes which were founded on the eastern side of the country.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/award98/ienhtml/tribes.html

This as far as I know is the government site with the information of founding areas right from the tribal elders mouths so to speak and if you check each region you see my dilemna.Any ACCURATE information of tribes and their historically most famous leaders for tribes from the eastern side of the continent would be a great help.

OK ... well first, of course, you have the Iroqouis.

Similar to the Iroqouis, the other three major groups of the northeast were also large confederacies rather than single tribes. They are: the Huron or Wyandot Confederacy; the Cherokee Confederacy; and the Wabenaki Confederacy. The last is the most "East Coast" of all the groups, its members controlling most of New England and the Canadian Maritime provinces (prior to contact).

There are also a few other groups belonging to the Eastern Woodlands region, including the Neutral Confederacy, Ojibwa, Algonquin, etc. But the "big four", the superpowers of the precolumbian Eastern Woodlands, were Iroqouis, Cherokee, Wabenaki, and Huron. Note that these were confederacies and contained smaller groups (for instance, Mikmaq, Penobscot, Abenaki, Passamaquoddy, and Maliseet were all members of the Wabanaki Confederacy).

I like the idea a lot - or at least the idea of a precolumbian america mod. I'm not so sure about the link to the movie.

Anyway, I don't know why the site you linked to has no information on eastern N American native groups. Wikipedia has an exhaustive list, divided by region:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classi...s_peoples_of_the_Americas#Northeast_Woodlands

It's probably too much info (it does not indicate, for example, which tribes were relatively larger or more independent), but that's a better problem than no info at all.

Yes thanks VERY much for that info.
You know thats a good question...why doesnt the government site have that info?
Sorry I took so long getting back but like I said Ive been very busy of late.
I think I have the information gathered now to make this as accurate as possible.
As for when it will be ready...we'll just have to wait and see.

Top Bottom