1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Apolyton Diplomacy: Of Chivalry and Encroachment

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Donovan Zoi, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Read it again, Octavian. It's in my first post. Mutually agreed upon borders are included as well. Although it seems we don't know what we have agreed on as nothing is ratified.

This will be a major part of our coming talks, but I will keep it cordial.

There's a barb camp just north of Yun Qiuling, but I think they have fortified their troops well north of there. We'll see what happens.

2. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

eh, my mistake. It's getting late. :crazyeye:

Also, I'm glad you plan to keep it cordial. Good luck.

3. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

I thought I had posted this somewhere already, but I'll post it again:

It is quite possible that Apolyton HAS Chivalry. They had a deal with CGN to buy it long before we did. I doubt we will be able to use Chivalry as a bargaining chip.

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Well, we'll have to use something else if they have it.

5. TheDuckOfFlanders

TheDuckOfFlanders the fish collecter

Hence the point's i made over the value of granting them a settler for this infrastructure-low 1 size city.

6. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I doubt they'll accept it, but I guess it's worth a try. :)

7. TheDuckOfFlanders

Well we can push them quite a lot if we play it machevelian and aproach it as a symbolic action.From a pure moral perspective it should be easy to defend our argument's why they should give up BoP.And if they refuse ,keep adding to the discussion until you find something that they will give BoP away.

We must be honest with ourselfs ,If poly refuses to grant BoP to us for a reasonable return as a token of balance inside the allaince ,then we can conclude from that that they are planning hostillity's towards us in the future ,as BoP can only be usefull to Poly strictly for strategical reasons.We must present that argument to Poly ,it will force them to either give up BoP or to give up that this alliance was based on equality.

hmmm ,maybe i should list all arguments in favor of BoP to Fanatikou later.I'm sure that if you aproach this matter as a symbolic issue withing the allaince over the balance of each others power ,then it will be hard for Poly to reject withought endangering the alliance.

And endangering their allaince with us would be dumb even from their perspective.Just look at the civ scores of the other country's in this game compared to us and Poly.GWT and CGN are completeley dwarfing our continent.So it would be dumb for Poly to attack us if we have good relations with one of these country.
    With the current situation on the other continent ,it would be best for both Poly and CFC to try to expand on the CGN/GWT continent ,and our alliance would be a nessecity for attacking one of these Country's as Poly alone (or us for that matter) wouldn't be able to even make a dent in the defenses of one of these country's.

8. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Good points, Duck. :)

9. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

I knew there were one more thing to add.

There might be another reason for Poly to hold the city. They have been talking about moving their Capitol to the conquered GCA-lands. That would make BoP a good city for them to have.

If that is their reason then they most likely won't give up BoP, and we should settle for Equielibrium.

Though I would realy like to get BoP for ourselves...

10. TheDuckOfFlanders

That argument would be bad on our moral argument ,however we should strongly discourage Apolyton of moving their capital so close to our borders as it symbolicly would even disrupt the balance more.But as long as they don't come with this argument i advice to not bring that to their attention ourselfs.

11. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

As far as all the quick chats I have made have led, 'Poly is never going to give up ex-BoP.

They also claimed that the two MIs were conducting 'routine barbarian hunting, for the protection of their colony'.

Oh, and I'll try to be there.

12. croxis

croxis Chat room op

We have a chat today at 22:00 GMT, I will tru to be there as well.