ARCHIVED: Discussion Topic - Unit Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingArthur

Searching for the Holy Grail
Here are the planned unit lines for the Lost Worlds Scenario.

ERA1
Spoiler :

ERA2
Spoiler :

ERAS 3-4
Spoiler :

The units that don't actually exist are shown with a coloured background. You can see that we are short of a few units and desperately hope that someone will make them. Units that we need

A BIG Thanks to Balam-Agab who has begun working on a Bobby and to Vuldacon who has agreed to create the TARDIS!

A bit off topic but what kind of document did you make those on.

@cubsfan - it's in an Excel spreadsheet. I just pasted in the civilopedia icons and resized the image to 65% and adjusted the cell height and width to fit them in.

@aaglo - thanks so much for the links. For the life of me I don't know how could I miss something as beautiful as the Phaseship.

I'll be updating the unit lines shortly :)

KingArthur, I seem to recall Muffins did a sort of Steampunk fighter. Here ya go found it. I can only find a picture, but there is a full model on TurboSquid just search by his name "Muffins" or go to the link on one of his posts. There are also definately his three Warhammer 40k plane if you are interested.

Good luck I look forward to the scenario. :goodjob:

You've got NONE for the Oriental Pre-Musket, but surely you could use the Shaolin Monk CamJH made?

The none is because they are too advanced technologically to need to worry about a premusket unit.

And what about this (originally from a Verne story, where it is steam-powered) for an Indian Armour unit?

It's a great concept for a unit. I'd love to see it but can't see it being made by anyone. I'll add it my wishlist.

KingArthur, I seem to recall Muffins did a sort of Steampunk fighter. Here ya go found it. I can only find a picture, but there is a full model on TurboSquid just search by his name "Muffins" or go to the link on one of his posts. There are also definately his three Warhammer 40k plane if you are interested.
Thanks for the link DC. I envisage advanced aircraft in this scenario to be aerial dreadnaughts like the one made by Hikaro. Think something like a steam punk battlestar galactica with bays full of vipers. The vipers of course could be explained as being coal fired beasties but I don't think I need a separate unit.

All advanced units are going to be of collosal size which may be anachronistic in today's thinking. I will have huge dreadnoughts roaming the oceans, collosal land dreadnoughts steaming across the countryside (possibly only effective for conquering the Netherlands) and mighty fortresses in the sky.

It's a great concept for a unit. I'd love to see it but can't see it being made by anyone. I'll add it my wishlist.

I actually saw that thing in Trafalgar Square; it was pretty impressive. I agree that it would be fiendishly hard to make, but it would be enormous fun to play with.

What about the Hilda Garde III airship I made... That one was actually steam-powered, too (not to mention the Highwind, the Brotherhood of steel airship, the Imperial Sky Armor, the.... Well, you get the idea).

I'll also have to see about starting a thread about this in the "Aural-Occular" section of the Brass Goggles steampunk forums and conscript recruit some volunteers for this project.... There are even a few civ players over there and at least 2 guys who use Bryce and other 3D progs to create some wild stuff......

I have all of your airship units, my only difficulty is fitting them all in. I planned on 3 different types. Of course I can always use them as flavour units for some of the civs.

That'd be cool if you manage to rustle up some help especially on the art side. Thanks

FYI, I'm also planning on re-doing my default steam airships, too... Make them look sorta like a flying version of the Monitor (actually, if I place the gun turrets right, I should be able to have all 4 turrets be able to bear on forward targets, thanks to the raised "poop deck" in the back...)

FYI, I'm also planning on re-doing my default steam airships, too... Make them look sorta like a flying version of the Monitor (actually, if I place the gun turrets right, I should be able to have all 4 turrets be able to bear on forward targets, thanks to the raised "poop deck" in the back...)

that's very good news indeed. An aerial ironclad would be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom