Arckons Next 24Civ Pitboss game; details and discussion here

Hopefully someone can step up! :D I'd love to, but my wife would NOT be happy with that, unfortunately.

yeah, we can't give up.... just look at this thread... we're on page 28 ffs. we can not just end after all this trouble... :p

as I wrote I could set it up again, maybe Arckon can send me the game file?

well, that would be great. Have you tried PM'ing or mailing him? Maybe he got so frustrated with the technical problems he quit reading this thread. :mischief:

I asked Arckon twice for the savegame. He havent sent it so I didnt want to bother him any longer. Furthermore my server is currently running with critical load, so I don't mind not to host the game. Sorry, if we really want to make this game come to live again we have to find somebody who can host the server and bother Arckon to send the savegame.

I wish I could get into a game with a host that is dedicated and just don't quit after a few weeks.

Been in 4 games since I came civ fanatics and they have all stopped after a few weeks because the host just disappared.

First Arckon, sure there were technical problems but still he could have sent the saved game.

Then Gfletch, both of his 2 games are now inactive.. No one's been able to connect for weeks.

JamesM's games Unable to connect for days, no given reason why.

I mean, I appeciate if people host but before you do think if you really have the long term commitment to be a host and if there are problems please communicate with the players and check if some other host can take over.

My 2 cents :p

Agreed - this is the only one I've had this kind of problem with. Poor CB had computer issues for a long time, and another one died before it got started... but the rest of the ones I'm in are chugging along nicely.

I suspect there's a problem in 2.08 with scenarios or mods for larger number of players or possibly the world map. This one had all the problems, Elucidas hasn't been able to get the 1000AD game going & there's also a thread where LDeska is having the same sort of problem with a 27 player game.

I suspect there's a problem in 2.08 with scenarios or mods for larger number of players or possibly the world map. This one had all the problems, Elucidas hasn't been able to get the 1000AD game going & there's also a thread where LDeska is having the same sort of problem with a 27 player game.

Sorry to bump an ancient thread, but was the source of this problem ever pinpointed? I'm experiencing an identical problem to the one described throughout this thread in a BTS game with 29 players - the leader screen perpetually says "waiting for civ choices" and never lets me join. Everything works fine in single player with more than 18 civs, or in multiplayer with 18 or less civs. Something's very buggy, but I can't figure out what it is...

Top Bottom