Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don't like the idea

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I like a part of it (post which one)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • PIE!!!1!!1!! (meaning I don't care)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Did you keep a folder of untouched FfH when you did your second try? The base FfH has to still exist, with the same folder name, for the UI to work...

I did that

but I didn't understand this part

...specifically the "Resources" directory has to have an unchanged filepath, or you have to update with proper path in 2 other files if you want to use a moved one.

What about improvements buildable on hell terrain, but only by evil civs. The spread of Hell terain should be even for this to work I think.

Good civ's can terraform the terrain back, Evil civs cope with it, Neutral civs are in trouble and are encouraged to pick a side.

What about improvements buildable on hell terrain, but only by evil civs. The spread of Hell terain should be even for this to work I think.

Good civ's can terraform the terrain back, Evil civs cope with it, Neutral civs are in trouble and are encouraged to pick a side.

Like Slave Pits, Revolutionnary Farms, and other such kind of evil improvement?

I kinda like that idea!

As long as you kept an untouched FfH you are fine not understanding the second part :)

Within the FfH folder, are a few other folders. Assets is where we do most of our modding work, but parallel to Assets is Resources, that is where all of the HUD information is stored. You CAN change this folder location is all I was talking about with the vague reference to 2 other files to modify if you want to. But I would say don't bother :)

Faster hell spread is good (eh) so long as automatic sanctify is also in place. So if you are Faeril, you might as well get those hidden nationality, scourge assassins to take care of foreign priests...

People I'll get back to work on this during the weekend because I currently hav a lot of things going on in school so I really don't have the time for the next three days (counting today as one day)

I like the basic idea that hell terrain should at least at some point threaten the land of good civs. I don't think it should EVER spread everywhere automatically. I also think that the 15 population hit is a bad idea. Another idea that you might consider is to have the rising of the AC increase the number of unhappy people in the good civilizations. And probably also the neutrals, but maybe to a lesser degree.

How about some sort of counter that measure how many unit died on Tile X (with proximity influence when multiple murderous tiles are closeby), making these tiles "doomed" and very likely to spread Hell Terrain?

How about some sort of counter that measure how many unit died on Tile X (with proximity influence when multiple murderous tiles are closeby), making these tiles "doomed" and very likely to spread Hell Terrain?

Not.It's not that I don't like your idea but this is the FIRST time I'm ever doing python so I probably won't add more than I described.

Originally Posted by RFHolloway

Like Slave Pits, Revolutionnary Farms, and other such kind of evil improvement?

I kinda like that idea!

I'm not skilled enough to do that either (or at least I think I'm not)

I like the basic idea that hell terrain should at least at some point threaten the land of good civs. I don't think it should EVER spread everywhere automatically. I also think that the 15 population hit is a bad idea. Another idea that you might consider is to have the rising of the AC increase the number of unhappy people in the good civilizations. And probably also the neutrals, but maybe to a lesser degree.

I already said I wouldn't add the -15 pop thing and your idea seems good I could maybe *borrow* (of cousre with Valkrion's or whoever's permission) the effects the 4 riders bring with them from RiFe or FF or whatever mod used that one.Those effects were +5 unhappines in all cities until stephanos dies,more war weariness from buboes and so on.I'd probably *borrow* the stephanos part and change it to scale with the AC.Although I'll probably focus first on the main changes I already mentioned.

Sorry if I dissapointed someone

What do people think of the spread of hell in my modmod? It stills spreads passively, but for the most part its spread is caused by the presence of evil units (those of the demon race or with unholy taint like AV priests). If a good civ lets an evil army pass through their lands then it can turn to hell rather quickly. I personally like how it looks for hell to spread in paths of ruin led by the armies of darkness rather than in even looking borders.

(Also note that the greatest demons, like Hyborem himself, cannot leave hell, but are much stronger and can use their minions to make way for them.)

I also make AC100 turn all tiles to hell, but that was after my last release.

When adding evil improvements for hell terrain was first mentioned I immediately thought of changing Demons Altars from a building to an improvement (or perhaps leaving the building but adding similar improvements too, possibly different altars to different evil gods to give different bonuses). Making a sacrifice spell for an improvement is quite simple, as one already exists for the Pyre of the Seraphic.

Making there be a chance of increasing the plot tile when a unit dies is also an interesting idea.

I played your modmod but unfortuately got stuck on both my sheiam( my fav FfH civ) and the Illians around turn 380 ish.To be honest I didn't even notice hell terrain spreading with evil units but it sounds like a great idea.If you made everything become hell on AC 100 but haven't released it yet would you mind telling me how you did it?
Anyway I did exactly what xien told me too do:

Nevermind the orange part I figured it out (although I could've thought of first starting the mod once and THEN start editing Customfunctions not the other way around)

1.I copied the Fall from Heaven 2 folder
2.I renamed the copied one to the name of the modmod
3.I pasted (the altered) Customfuctions into the modmod's Assets folder
4.I start the modmod and I can't access the civiloppeddia and I also get no interface when playing (I do not use th BUG mod in usual BtS)

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I can again work on the mod because I aced my geography test (almost) and I didn't get (as I expected) an F in croatian (I got a C although I don't know how or why).

In my modmod you have to make the AC rise first before the evil units start spreading hell quickly. Demon and Unholy Taint have this as a PyPerTurn effect
Code:
def effectTaint(caster):
	if not gc.getGame().isOption(GameOptionTypes.GAMEOPTION_NO_PLOT_COUNTER):
		pPlot = caster.plot()
		pPlot.changePlotCounter(CyGame().getGlobalCounter()/10)
Since the plot counter is an integer which gets truncated, the Armageddon counter has to reach 10 before units spread hell at all. The AC would have to be at 100 for a single unit to be able to raise the plot counter enough to become hell in base FfH, and 2 such units (or one unit with both of those evil promotions) would be needed even at 100 AC in my version because I changed the move to hell terrain to occur at a plot counter of 20 so the corruption is a little more subtle at first. I've played around with different formulas in past versions, some of which spread hell way too quickly. I'm thinking this one might not be quite quick enough though.

The doHell code does not make a tile hell if the alignment and Armageddon Counter restrictions are met, it merely allows hell to spread there from neighboring tiles that are already hell. I think your code should make it so that good lands can become hell, but that does not mean they often will. The recent change in my modmod I mentioned was something much more catastrophic than that, making the Apocalypse event (the one that claims that hell has merged with Erebus, and cuts the population of non-Fallow trait civs' cities in half) actually turn all tiles to hell immediately. (The change in resources and some features will have to wait a turn for the doHell to run again though.)

To do so open Assets\python\entrypoints\CvRandomEventInterface.py, scroll down to def doArmageddonApocalypse(argsList): (it should be at about line54), and add this:

Code:
	for i in range (CyMap().numPlots()):
		pPlot = CyMap().plotByIndex(i)
		pPlot.changePlotCounter(100)
and of course save.

p.s. If you are going to post code and ask for help, you should really put it within [code][/code] tags so that indentation and white space are preserved properly. White space is very important in python, so loosing that could hide serious errors. If you wonder how I wrote those tags out like that without them causing coding formatting, it is because I used [plain][/plain] tags around them.

OK thank you MC I also noticed that there was something wrong with my 120 turn test game yesterday (where I WB-ed in a way that the infernal apperaed on turn 5).Basically Hell only spread from Dis,Despero and Bastradam (i WB-ed it) but for some reason the city next to the elohim never got hell terrain but the one next to the malakim did.At least there are also some good news and those are that on AC 45 Hell spread into Flauros' lands (Evil Non-AV calabim) and on 50 AC into Lanun and Khazad lands (I WB-ed a Infernal city between them).Although I wanted to make hell spread from a couple of chosen places it only spreads from infernal cities.Also why did hell never spread to the Malakim and Elohim the code looks like this:
Code:
					bUntouched = false
				if (bUntouched and pPlayer.getStateReligion() == iAshenVeil or (iCount >= 45 and iAlignment == iEvil) or (iCount >= 50 and iAlignment == iNeutral) or (iCount >= 55 and iAlignment == iGood)):

So MC I'll probably add the code you posted after I solve this issue.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 81
What do people think of the spread of hell in my modmod? It stills spreads passively, but for the most part its spread is caused by the presence of evil units (those of the demon race or with unholy taint like AV priests).

Hey that sounds really cool. I have not tried your mod yet but I am going to now.

Top Bottom