1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Armies of Asia

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Bakuel, Feb 1, 2015.

1. LunarMongoose

LunarMongoose Chieftain

Yay he's back!!! :)

Looking forward to the Japanese units personally, hoping they're still in the pipeline.

2. MatteM

MatteM Chieftain

Awesome, your work is really high quality, and adds great flavor to the South East Asian civs

3. ChaosSlayer

ChaosSlayer Chieftain

WOOT! Welcome back Bakuel! Still waiting for Mongols and Japanese armies ;)

4. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Chieftain

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Bakuel is back :D Been waiting for the second coming of Bakuel... So excited. I really don't mean to pressure you. I was wondering... Will the Japanese units be coming sometime soon..? :) I'm sorry, I'm just really excited to see Yayoi goodness and stone crossbowmen, which I did discover actually existed now.

5. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Chieftain

I found some rather interesting pictures of Japanese Grenadiers aboard ships. Throwing the bombs by ropes, rather than throwing the bomb by hand.

Attached Files:

6. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  7. constantdrowsy

constantdrowsy Chieftain

Looks great. Any possibility on doing naval units? "Navies of Asia"

8. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

What exactly do you feel is still missing in terms of Asian naval units? There are plenty on CFC already, and even more in RI (that I just didn't feel like releasing separately). I'd say Indian subcontinent and Far East are already covered quite well.

9. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Chieftain

Well, I can't speak for others, but I do know that in the Industrial Era and onward, I do get quite bored of the generic type ships and such. I get that it is historically accurate, but I can't help but wish that the ships and everything of the Industrial Era onward were a bit more flavored... Like Imagine an Asian inspired destroyer or Battleship or Biplane. It would look great. In a show I enjoy, The Legend of Korra, they have East Asian style battleships.

http://piandao.org/screenshots/spirits/spirits5/spirits5-1341.jpg

10. Walter Hawkwood

11. constantdrowsy

constantdrowsy Chieftain

I was thinking more along the lines of of Bugis and Malay warships in the Age of Sail. It is difficult to find good models, but they're out there. One book has some good pictures: Zeeroof en Zeeroofbestrijding in de Indische archipel
    Here are some links: https://sangrajalaut.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/kapal-layar.jpg
    https://notesplusultra.com/2013/08/27/silk-spice-and-pirates/
    I have more elsewhere if you are interested.

12. Walter Hawkwood

I am indeed. These sources can be useful if I decide to make/find some ships for RI for that region.

13. constantdrowsy

constantdrowsy Chieftain

Okay, let me know if you do. I would rather not use these message boards to communicate that information though.

14. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

I know this is a small, slower community now Bakuel, but I hope you haven't given up working on those units. Trust me..they would be greatly appreciated.

15. Sword_Of_Geddon

Hope you return Bakuel.

16. Sword_Of_Geddon

Seems the Aceh pack download gone, anyone know if the other packs are also gone? Is the link just broken?

Update: I see Xyth was kind enough to post the packs earlier in the thread, I wonder if the download links could be updated for everyone if thats possible. Makes things easier for people. Not me as I have the units, just in general.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017