Armies of Asia

Sorry for the pause, I'm still alive.
I've just been busy at work and the modding has slowed down. I'm still making the units though, just at a bit slower pace. I'll try to finish up the rest of the gunpowder units for Java, Maya, and Aceh sometime this month. Hopefully I'll get some Japanese and Khmer stuff done by Christmas.

They look really nice, you always amaze me:hatsoff:

Thanks!

Hey. :) I hope everything is going alright for you Bakuel, I'm still very excited for the upcoming Japan pack. I just wanted to say that I finally got blender to work on my mac with nifscripts and everything. Asking anyone really here, but especially Bakuel, is it difficult to make units and city sets? Because what I was hoping to do is to create new asian city sets, including that of the industrial era and modern era, which I feel has largely been ignored unfortunately. I was also interested in unit making, as I am thinking of at least making art for a possible Avatar/Korra mod.

they are GREAT!
thank you Bakuel for your work, your piece of art!!

a little request.. i'm searching the units art of LANUN from FALL FROM HEAVEN2, and the unit art of a parrot, could you help me please?
thank you for yor work, it's amazing :)

Ah... Please come back Bakuel. It has been my dream to see Japanese and Chinese (but mostly Japanese) Ancient units forever... and maybe those Princess Mononoke Firelancer guys...:(

Ah... Please come back Bakuel. It has been my dream to see Japanese and Chinese (but mostly Japanese) Ancient units forever... and maybe those Princess Mononoke Firelancer guys...:(

Don't worry, I'm sure he will be back again with some wonderful new units :)

Man I hope so. I also really wanted to see the Civ 3 Japanese Stone Crossbowman finally come civ 4... it would be so cool. All those units would look great in the Ancient Japanese city set, and if i learn how to make city sets, they'd look great in a meiji era set too... I have all the programs for making and editing nif files, but i don't really know how city sets are made unfortunately...

2 of the most recent packs, Malay Post-Melaka and Filipino Medieval, seem to be missing. :( Don't suppose anyone could post or PM me those? Heh.

They are really gone?

I really dont' get the point of the board migration, I thought the board was fine the way it was, the migration just caused a massive headache, and hurt the older communities of modders, like the Civ3 community, with missing files and other annoyances.

On topic, I think Walter Hawkwood may have those packs. Try asking him. I should note that even the longest running mod team, Total Realism, is now considering ending their mod because of civ6. I imagine the board revamp has something to do with it?

They are really gone?

I really dont' get the point of the board migration, I thought the board was fine the way it was, the migration just caused a massive headache, and hurt the older communities of modders, like the Civ3 community, with missing files and other annoyances.

On topic, I think Walter Hawkwood may have those packs. Try asking him. I should note that even the longest running mod team, Total Realism, is now considering ending their mod because of civ6. I imagine the board revamp has something to do with it?

I have the following files on my hard drive:

indian_mughal_units.7z
indian_mysore,_madras_and_travancore_units.7z
indian_sepoy_units.7z
malay_post_melaka_unit_pack.zip

I don't have the complete Filipino unit pack but I have:

filipinomoropikemanstripedpants.nif
filipinospanishconscript.nif
filipinomoropikemannopants.nif
FilipinoJapaneseMercenary3.nif
FilipinoMusketmanMalay.nif

It's a shame losing lots of great unit graphics, it's the same with all the old modpacks on atomicgamer.com and other defunct sites.

I have them, I've downloaded all of Bakuel's unit packs. I'll post them when I get a chance.

Old forum was getting swamped by spammers and lacked the security features to stop them. New forum is much, much better but, as with any migration, a few things broke or went missing.

Missing packs attached.

Attachments

• Aceh Early Sultanate.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 280
  • Filipino Medieval.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 230
  • Malay Post-Melaka.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 270
I'm still alive. Numerous life and work issues as well as personal idiocy has kept me away. But I've decided not to let this project die.

The Java and Malay Industrial units *will* be coming soon. Hopefully next week. Until then I uploaded a British Napoleonic Light Infantry unit,

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/british-napoleonic-light-infantry-95th-rifles.26038/

This was requested a *really* long time ago by Walter Hawkwood but other people might be able to use it too.

I'll try to fix the download units and links. Sorry for the absence.

Wohooo, welcome back! :)

Thanks, it's good to be back. :D
Especially with a new avatar? ;)
Really looking forward to your new units, every single one is a much needed boost to the community!

Top Bottom