Army stripped of members!

cameramano

Television Cameraman
It was my understanding that armies were imutable, that is, once in, no unit could leave. Yet in the game I am playing (Marla Singer's world map) a long distance movement of my army of tanks resulted in the army being completely stripped of all three tanks. The army unit entered the city, but the tanks were left on the square to the west.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a reason? If this can be duplicated, is there a possible exploit here?

Thoughts, Ideas, Questions of my sanity? I'm looking for all.

There are a couple of bugs that I know of regarding armies:

1) If you have an army of say tanks, and you move a regular tank that is not in an army ontop of that army, then use stack movement (the J key), it will "break up the army". I put that in quotes because it really doesn't, those units are still part of the army, and basically the game gets messed up after a while after you do that

2) If you have an army of say Infantry (or any upgradable unit) in a city, and upgrade a unit of the same type in that city (or Shift-U on all units), then it will break up the army, but I have heard that that one messes up the game as well.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom