Arquebusers 1, Wyrms 0.

lordrune

Prince
The wyrm really does add a fair bit of fun to this mod, I must say.

It was always lurking around to the east of my kingdom, and at one point it made me decide to cut a (defensive) campaign vs the Svartalfar short after one of my well-trained and equipped longbowmen got eaten, and I wanted to avoid further losses.

Later on, when it finally wound up in my territory and attacked one of my workers, I decided I'd take it out, so I got an army of arquebusers together with rangers to take it out.
The guns took it down to 50% health, but then I couldn't finish the job as not one of my units would attack due to fear :)
So I got a adept to cast courage, and killed it the next turn. Strange thing is, my rangers had a >70% chance of killing it, but the two I sent against it both died - and couldn't even scratch it. I think that's the Wyrm's 9 first strikes at play. Anyhow, my first arquebuser to attack it won the combat, at about 25% odds.

Very pleased to get through to about 300 turns and not have one crash in this game - on a Small ErebusContinents map with 6 AI opponents. I suspect that the smaller surface area decreases the chance of something going 'wrong' with lair exploration code (or the other things that the AI gets itself terminally confused on)

Attachments

• Arquebuses vs wyrm.jpg
    Arquebuses vs wyrm.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 228
9 first strikes
o_O Yeah, that pretty much explains the odds.

I am downloading the mod now (again, gah, first time the download was corrupted :() and I am eager to try it :D.

P.S. I quite often have adepts with Courage so it shouldn't be an issue.

P.S. I quite often have adepts with Courage so it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm usually slack on the arcane side. Half my games I'm thinking about researching Bowyers before KOTE :)
Adepts are often an afterthought (OK. My tiles are all maxed out, mined, railroaded, farmed, cottaged, fished. Now I really should do something with those five unused mana nodes in my empire!)

Heh, I can't miss the oportunity to rust enemies' weapons, to turn deserts into plains, to lower AC, to give +20% str to all melee and to have double walls in each city for a mere a few turns of research :D.

See this? This is my scared face.

How did you get the Dynamic Empire Names to display? I thought they were broken... :l

Nope, never have been in FFP 022 :) (At least, not in my experience!) There was a problem with a previous version though.

If you're still getting the issue, try reinstalling 022 but into a clean directory i.e. clean out the old version first.

Woops, forgot to fix that in the release.... :blush:

It's actually a VERY easy thing to fix. There was just a missing ini file that enabled it, in 051.

Download the attached file, place it in Fall Further Plus. FFPlus/Assets, JUST Fall Further Plus. :p Should be in the same directory as the Assets folder, and the Valkrionn icon.

Thanks a bunch!

-EDIT-

Edit: Apparently this file is unnecessary, was moved in Patch C of FF.

Seems like you're correct, the leaderboard remains the same even with that file added into the Fall Further Plus directory. :(

Nope, never have been in FFP 022 :) (At least, not in my experience!) There was a problem with a previous version though.

If you're still getting the issue, try reinstalling 022 but into a clean directory i.e. clean out the old version first.

Did you edit the mod at all?

I ask because to get statenames to correctly show in my version (Which the installer comes directly from), even dropping the ini into folder does not cause state names to show. After some messing with the python, I've got them showing, but it doesn't take the ini into account... Can't turn it off. :lol:

Will keep messing with it in order to get the ini to work... If I can't, however, I'll simply leave the names on permanently. I prefer them, most players seem to prefer them, so it's not much of an issue to me.

Did you edit the mod at all?

I ask because to get statenames to correctly show in my version (Which the installer comes directly from), even dropping the ini into folder does not cause state names to show. After some messing with the python, I've got them showing, but it doesn't take the ini into account... Can't turn it off. :lol:

Will keep messing with it in order to get the ini to work... If I can't, however, I'll simply leave the names on permanently. I prefer them, most players seem to prefer them, so it's not much of an issue to me.

I didn't change a thing with the mod. Although I always make the point of starting a 'Normal Game' before choosing the Custom Game when starting a mod for the first time, just to make sure that options are set correctly. How that's changed it, or whether, I've got no idea.

Other than that though I have been messing around with stuff, due to a chronic issue of crashing in the initial state of generating new maps. The best workaround I've found yet is to start Fall Further, generate a map, quit, then start Fall Further Plus again.
The fact that I have to do that suggests to me that there's something funny going on in the deep recessess of the code that I've got no comprehension of :confused:

I'll re-install a fresh 022 in a new directory, and see what state the names come up in. It's a bamboozling issue for sure (one of many).

Top Bottom