Arrgh! evil WinCiv bugs

andy6474

Chieftain
Playing a game on Prince level using the Earth map just now, year 660 bc, had about 40 cities, and next thing I know one of my cities goes into disorder. Nothing unusual about that right? This city was size 1. Hadnt even built its defence militia yet. Wierd. I think the computer must have confused it with another city. In this case the city was named Bergen, and the Germans were also in the game and doing well. Maybe the original Bergen went into disorder and this one follwed suit? Raises some questions about how the game refers to cities internally...
Just to really annoy me, the game then crashed a couple of turns later! :-(
Never had that happen to me in the dos version. Must be a 'new' bug in Civ for Windows. (Had plenty of trouble in the dos version with all the classic bugs though.)
Sigh :-(

It was most likely a bug, but the disorder could have been caused by military. What government were you using?

------------------
Civilization I Master of masters and webmaster of Civilization III Arsenal

I had experienced a similar bug, a city that I did not owned went into civil disorder once in a while and the computer always notified me about it (and I do not confuse this with the "people of * admires your civ..." thingie). Well, maybe not so similar but yet a bug.

Another bug is in the path finding system concerning marine units. They sometimes choose to take a trip around the world rather than going straight to the desired location.

I was still a despotism! Lol
City had no supported units yet, and was still size 1 (10,000). I can only assume that the game got confused in its list of cities. Maybe I had too many and its index wrapped around, or maybe it got my city confused with the real Bergen. In the dos version of civ Ive played (population challenge!) games where I had almost 200/300 cities. (Terrible bugs in the top of the map of course once the population gets too high. lol).

I think ill load up the game, and hopefully if it doesnt crash go find the original Bergen, see if its in disorder and if getting it out of disorder fixes my city.

Very naughty the way they didnt make the effort on path finding. This would be tied in with the way the map wraps around. You might be going to x coordinate 5 from x coordinate 70 or something, and it doesnt take into account the fact the world wraps and so it goes the wrong way.
I wonder has anyone seen this affect computer civs? I know that they seem to wander around till they find you and then seem to send their forces to were it was they encountered you. I wonder if sometimes these forces get 'diverted' the long way? hehe

Top Bottom