1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Artifact Era Bug

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by steveg700, Feb 16, 2020.

?

Has anyone else experienced this?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Selection message states that the shipwreck artifact is from Renaissance era...
    upload_2020-2-16_21-12-46.png

...In gallery, it is now a medieval-era artifact;
    upload_2020-2-16_21-14-25.png

KyivanRusCivPlease and AlannaT like this.
  2. Zoltan Messzi

Zoltan Messzi Chieftain

Same here...The message shows the artifact is from the Industrial Era, but in the gallery it is from the Renaissance Era...
    See artifact 4 tiles up in front of the Spanish shores in the save file.

Attached Files:

3. wesplaysciv

wesplaysciv Chieftain

Is it a bug? I thought it was a feature ... There's still randomness after you select it

4. lkarr

lkarr Chieftain

I've had this issue since first playing Civ 6, where I'll use an Archaeologist charge to excavate an Antiquity Site or Shipwreck. The dialogue box opens and says something to the effect of, " Your Archeologist has found a wreck left by a naval battle between Ghandi and Barbarians. The discovery appears to have been buried since the Industrial Era. CHOOSE which nation's artifact to uncover from this site." So then I'll choose one, but when the next window opens to reveal the artifact, it will now say it's from the Renaissance era or some other time. This is but one specific example, but it happens for artifacts of all eras and nations. It's just very frustrating when you think, finally I'm getting this artifact to theme my building, and then it's not it... to be honest I think the Archaeology system as a whole needs reworked, but that's for another thread...

5. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Moderator Action: Merged threads. Please provide the game version number to help the Firaxians understand where to search for the bug. Also, always best to post a save that shows the bug as Zoltan did above.

6. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

This can't be true!!) I guess I haven't experienced this bug in the latest two games, after the September 2020 Update. Well, I haven't dug many artifacts, but that's promising anyway.