Has anyone else experienced this?

• Total voters

steveg700

Deity
Selection message states that the shipwreck artifact is from Renaissance era...
upload_2020-2-16_21-12-46.png

...In gallery, it is now a medieval-era artifact;
upload_2020-2-16_21-14-25.png

Same here...The message shows the artifact is from the Industrial Era, but in the gallery it is from the Renaissance Era...
See artifact 4 tiles up in front of the Spanish shores in the save file.

Attachments

• KUPE 241 1650 AD EMP.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 97
Is it a bug? I thought it was a feature ... There's still randomness after you select it

I've had this issue since first playing Civ 6, where I'll use an Archaeologist charge to excavate an Antiquity Site or Shipwreck. The dialogue box opens and says something to the effect of, " Your Archeologist has found a wreck left by a naval battle between Ghandi and Barbarians. The discovery appears to have been buried since the Industrial Era. CHOOSE which nation's artifact to uncover from this site." So then I'll choose one, but when the next window opens to reveal the artifact, it will now say it's from the Renaissance era or some other time. This is but one specific example, but it happens for artifacts of all eras and nations. It's just very frustrating when you think, finally I'm getting this artifact to theme my building, and then it's not it... to be honest I think the Archaeology system as a whole needs reworked, but that's for another thread...

Moderator Action: Merged threads. Please provide the game version number to help the Firaxians understand where to search for the bug. Also, always best to post a save that shows the bug as Zoltan did above.

This can't be true!!) I guess I haven't experienced this bug in the latest two games, after the September 2020 Update. Well, I haven't dug many artifacts, but that's promising anyway.

The situation here is tricky because there is probably a bug in the engine and a bug in UI.
In the attached file (KUPE 241) if you go and uncover the closest shipwreck, it says it is from Renaissance, but you get a Medieval one. Also, no matter if you choose Kupe or Barbarians, it is always from Medieval.
Why does it say "Renaissance" at the begining? Well, the artifact itself has the following features: ActingPlayer=0 (Kupe), TargetPlayer=63 (Barbarians), Type=4 (Shipwreck), ActingPlayerEra=3 (Renaissance), TargetPlayerEra=2 (Medival).
The original window displays always ActingPlayerEra which is Renaissance.
In my mod Real Fixes I added a bit of code that identifies if TargetPlayerEra is different and it says so. In this case my mod says that Barbarians are from Medieval.
This is UI part.
However, there is still (probably) a bug in the engine because even if you choose Kupe (which the game identifies as Renaissance artifact) you still get Medieval artifact, despite the fact that the engine function is called with Renaissance param.
This I cannot explain because this is engine behavior.

Top Bottom