As if Direct2Drive's offer wasn't already tempting enough, here's a 10$ promo

I know I've seen this information posted before, but I can't seem to find it, and searches yeilding results. When exactly can we start playing now that we have pre-loaded (the North America region)?

I know I've seen this information posted before, but I can't seem to find it, and searches yeilding results. When exactly can we start playing now that we have pre-loaded (the North America region)?

September 21 at 10AM EDT.

Thanks Asix. I'll be impatiently waiting until then.

I just tried ordering on d2d.com but it gave me the ip conflict message at the final stage of payment. I am currently in germany so i should be able to buy this game.

What am I doing wrong ? Antilegend any ideas? Did you buy in dollars euros or pounds ?

I did buy my copy just a minute ago (direct2drive us, dollar pricing), paid via credit card and i'm from germany. I entered a german address and of course I have a german IP. Everything went fine and I am preloading right now...
Because you say that you are living currently in germany, maybe you entered your home address but it has to match the country your actual IP is from? Just a wild guess.

Had the deluxe edition been shipped with a huge poster sized tech map, a 7" bobblehead Ghandi, .....

Oh wow, I would love a bobblehead Ghandi.

I originally ordered the boxed CE, but decided it was too much for too little. Cancelled it and ordered steam's digital deluxe, and then I realised i'd rather have had D2D's offer :(

I've asked steam support if I can cancel the order, but still havnt had a reply. I've heard D2D have rubbish customer service, but I'm not too bothered with Civ 5 as I really want this game, plus the free double civ DLC and Babylon, but thats if steam let me cancel :(

What does DLC mean?

DownLoadable Content

Basically mini-expansion packs consisting of ... well we don't know yet.
Except one is promised by year end that will be 2 civs and a map pack.
Beyond that who knows, they could sell additional natural wonders for $1 more Civs for $5 each, new units and buildings for $1 a piece, or $10 for a really elaborate scenario.
It could be all or none of the above.

Oh wow, I would love a bobblehead Ghandi.

I originally ordered the boxed CE, but decided it was too much for too little. Cancelled it and ordered steam's digital deluxe, and then I realised i'd rather have had D2D's offer :(

I've asked steam support if I can cancel the order, but still havnt had a reply. I've heard D2D have rubbish customer service, but I'm not too bothered with Civ 5 as I really want this game, plus the free double civ DLC and Babylon, but thats if steam let me cancel :(

I have a friend who ordered the steam digital deluxe and has the free first DLC included with his. It's listed in his steam as "Double Civ plus map pack, release 2011"

i think i know what the problem is, i have a belgian creditcard and my paypal is linked to belgium. Gonna try a german creditcard and see if that solves the ip conflict and sales tax isseu as these isseus only come up after it tries to check out when i entered my financial info, same for the sales tax it only shows at the end of checkout.

PAX promo code still works fyi

Top Bottom