1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ashes of Erebus Known Issues and Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by black_imperator, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

The only reason I thought it might be More Arcane is that, among other things, the test promotion turned all of the units in question into Mounted Units, so I thought there might be a connection there, that's all.

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Chieftain

should be fixed now

3. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

Hi,
    repeatable CTD on end-turn,
    version loaded 15 july 2018 : (tortoise seems to hilight in black version 327 when checking logs, so I expect that I'm playing version 327.

active modules : blackduke / ChislevExpansion / Dural / Frozen / MoreEvents / PPQ_Flavor

is there anything else I can do to help ?
    (I might be able to load 2 turns before and try to see if it appears again, but there were mutliple combats so "randomization" may change a bit)

Attached Files:

4. Calavente

I have narrowed it down at 80% to Elohim or Clan acting. (I'll continue the selective destruction of civs to define which is the culprit at a later time).

are there any ideas of which spells / UU might trigger a CtD for each of those civs ?*

(when the culprit civ is identified, what is the method to use to narrow it to a specific action/spell/unit/city ???)

5. Calavente

ok, it took a bit of work, but it's a secondary city of the clan that finishes a "command post" (or something) builing (the one that can be built by commanders/ or can be built by organised leaders (IIRC).
    I don't know why building this led to CTD...

hope that helps to debug

6. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

I would have kept this to my flavor mod but I think it's better I submit it with hopes it will be included into the base mod. TLDR, the current queen of the line does not have any combat animations like death or firing. It just fades into nothingness and stands around impotently whilst others shoot at it.

Here is my fix for that. XML included in the file. Also includes my new teamflag technology which is a fancy way of saying that the flags change to match what ever civ is using it.

Attached Files:

7. azatote

azatote Chieftain

Amazing work, once again!

8. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Python exception, screenshot attached.

Screenshot (17).png

9. black_imperator

hmmm that's an interesting one, is it repeating ?

10. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

It happened on back-to-back turns, as I recall, so I exited the game, intending to reload the previous Autosave, but had an unrelated computer problem to deal with, so haven't retried yet.

11. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Okay, I reloaded the previous Autosave and it hasn't recurred.

12. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Okay, after about 70 turns the python exception recurred. See attached.

Screenshot (19).png

13. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Not exactly a bug, more a tech support question. I don't know what key or keys I pressed, but I accidentally did something so that now I can't end a turn by hitting "Enter." The text saying "Hit 'Enter' to end turn" doesn't appear. So to end the turn I have to click on the Armageddon Counter button or hit Shift-Enter. The problem also is that whatever I did is causing some UI problems: when I mouse over the production queue in the city screen or the various options to give a unit orders (promotions, heal, etc.), the button I mouse over is flashing, which I haven't seen before.

Anyway, if anyone knows what I need to do to have it go back to ending the turn by hitting "Enter," I'd be grateful. Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I restarted: first a regular BtS "Play Now" game, then an AoE "Play Now" game, and finally an AoE Custom Game with my preferred settings, and in all three cases the "Press 'Enter' to end turn" was back and no UI flickering.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  14. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Chieftain

Python exception, screenshot attached.

Screenshot (20).png

15. drono

drono Chieftain

I have the "icons not showing" isse. Very annoying. I have a clean steam install and I applied the last stable version with no change in settings. What is the meaning of "Origianl Release"?
    Anyway, really good work here, I am enjoying my game even with no mana icons!!!

16. black_imperator

right click on the game in your steam library, choose, properties, betas, and original_release. That should fix the icon issues.

17. drono

drono Chieftain

AARGH. It was clearly written on the tutorial and I missed it, I beg your pardon. I have found it now and I was coming to edit my embarrassing post, but black imperator was too quick to answer!

18. Me_Myself

Me_Myself Chieftain

The FFH looks some better now with your submod.
    But there is this issue in screenshot attached: can't research those religious technologies, they are marked as red.

Attached Files:

19. Calavente

Hi,
    At first I thought that you were playing agnostic civ.
    but you have access to Order, OO and WH...
    may you tell us which civ you are playing with ?

20. black_imperator

that looks like you have the hidden "block religion" options activated. you need to start a play now game when switching mods to reset the gale options and ensure something like that doesn't happen