Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

I've removed the changes to Dwarven Druids in the Dwarves module. Hasn't been committed into the svn yet, but you can get it from my module thread.
I'd be interested to know if More Arcane is in fact the cause of the odd promotion bug. I haven't done much work on it pending balancing feedback, so it's never really left the WIP stage. It might be that I need to do some tinkering here and there to make it play nicely again.

The only reason I thought it might be More Arcane is that, among other things, the test promotion turned all of the units in question into Mounted Units, so I thought there might be a connection there, that's all.

Hi,
repeatable CTD on end-turn,
version loaded 15 july 2018 : (tortoise seems to hilight in black version 327 when checking logs, so I expect that I'm playing version 327.

active modules : blackduke / ChislevExpansion / Dural / Frozen / MoreEvents / PPQ_Flavor

is there anything else I can do to help ?
(I might be able to load 2 turns before and try to see if it appears again, but there were mutliple combats so "randomization" may change a bit)

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    970.6 KB · Views: 165
I have narrowed it down at 80% to Elohim or Clan acting. (I'll continue the selective destruction of civs to define which is the culprit at a later time).

are there any ideas of which spells / UU might trigger a CtD for each of those civs ?*

(when the culprit civ is identified, what is the method to use to narrow it to a specific action/spell/unit/city ???)

ok, it took a bit of work, but it's a secondary city of the clan that finishes a "command post" (or something) builing (the one that can be built by commanders/ or can be built by organised leaders (IIRC).
I don't know why building this led to CTD...

hope that helps to debug

I would have kept this to my flavor mod but I think it's better I submit it with hopes it will be included into the base mod. TLDR, the current queen of the line does not have any combat animations like death or firing. It just fades into nothingness and stands around impotently whilst others shoot at it.

Here is my fix for that. XML included in the file. Also includes my new teamflag technology which is a fancy way of saying that the flags change to match what ever civ is using it.

Attachments

• QOTL.7z
    325.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 277
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 273
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 280
It happened on back-to-back turns, as I recall, so I exited the game, intending to reload the previous Autosave, but had an unrelated computer problem to deal with, so haven't retried yet.

Okay, I reloaded the previous Autosave and it hasn't recurred.

Not exactly a bug, more a tech support question. I don't know what key or keys I pressed, but I accidentally did something so that now I can't end a turn by hitting "Enter." The text saying "Hit 'Enter' to end turn" doesn't appear. So to end the turn I have to click on the Armageddon Counter button or hit Shift-Enter. The problem also is that whatever I did is causing some UI problems: when I mouse over the production queue in the city screen or the various options to give a unit orders (promotions, heal, etc.), the button I mouse over is flashing, which I haven't seen before.

Anyway, if anyone knows what I need to do to have it go back to ending the turn by hitting "Enter," I'd be grateful. Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I restarted: first a regular BtS "Play Now" game, then an AoE "Play Now" game, and finally an AoE Custom Game with my preferred settings, and in all three cases the "Press 'Enter' to end turn" was back and no UI flickering.

Last edited:
Reinstalled the game, got hit with a UI bug that meant resource icons weren't showing up & text slightly too big, am reinstalling again.

EDIT: Turned out I wasn't on Original Release.

I have the "icons not showing" isse. Very annoying. I have a clean steam install and I applied the last stable version with no change in settings. What is the meaning of "Origianl Release"?
Anyway, really good work here, I am enjoying my game even with no mana icons!!!

AARGH. It was clearly written on the tutorial and I missed it, I beg your pardon. I have found it now and I was coming to edit my embarrassing post, but black imperator was too quick to answer!

The FFH looks some better now with your submod.
But there is this issue in screenshot attached: can't research those religious technologies, they are marked as red.

Attachments

• unwailable.png
    unwailable.png
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 135
Hi,
At first I thought that you were playing agnostic civ.
but you have access to Order, OO and WH...
may you tell us which civ you are playing with ?

that looks like you have the hidden "block religion" options activated. you need to start a play now game when switching mods to reset the gale options and ensure something like that doesn't happen

Top Bottom