Ask Me Anything

I wasn't saying that Industry is weak, I think its right where it needs to be.

But comparing rationalism to imperialism, rationalism is currently an instant pick if have certain monopolies (and the tree is plenty strong even if this policy does nothing for you). Imperialism is full of situational benefits as well, military tradition in particular seems pretty useless to me. Maybe I'm underestimating how strong the farm boost is (but i consider it pretty damn good)
I personally consider industry the go-to unless I have either multiple monopolies or a copper/tea monopoly at which point Rationalism is a go-to.
Is that imbalance? Probably not. Is that just personal preference? Maybe?

As far as Imperialism goes, I'm not claiming that the tree can keep up with the other two, in fact I'm not claiming to know anything about it other than that +1F/P on farms is fairly insane and free range-promotion as well as better sea-tiles are really good as well.

Is there a way to restart a game from turn 1 with a different civ while keeping other variables, location, resources, other civs, etc, the same. I tried just changing my civ with IGE without success.

Is there a way to restart a game from turn 1 with a different civ while keeping other variables, location, resources, other civs, etc, the same. I tried just changing my civ with IGE without success.
Not as far as I know.

What's your take on some of Gazebo's events? Are they considered too balanced or too powerful? Or do you not see them enough?

What's your take on some of Gazebo's events? Are they considered too balanced or too powerful? Or do you not see them enough?
To be perfectly honest, I've played with your events on for so long that I can't remember which ones are Gazebo's. Sorry about that.

Well, I remember that volcano thing, figured it had been removed from the game since I hadn't seen it for a while, but it showed up last game and it's still fairly insane.

I've played plenty with G's events. They're mostly ok. There's the baths one which gives an insane 1:c5happy: per city for a meager -3:c5gold: if you bother to build baths, which is definitely a bit OP, though not constant. I only got the volcano one time and I was doing well enough that I don't remember it being that bad.

Only real problem with the base events (besides the lack of them) is the 3 farms get pillaged event. Every turn with that damn sound... It gives my workers stuff to do, but it's annoying to have that tiny thing pop up every other turn as the only consistent negative event.

I've played plenty with G's events. They're mostly ok. There's the baths one which gives an insane 1:c5happy: per city for a meager -3:c5gold: if you bother to build baths, which is definitely a bit OP, though not constant. I only got the volcano one time and I was doing well enough that I don't remember it being that bad.

Only real problem with the base events (besides the lack of them) is the 3 farms get pillaged event. Every turn with that damn sound... It gives my workers stuff to do, but it's annoying to have that tiny thing pop up every other turn as the only consistent negative event.
Volcano pillages 4 tiles, drops population of the city and destroys a bunch of buildings... :D

how much percent of resource i must have to achieve Global Monopoly? wt difference between strategic monopoly and global monopoly?

how much percent of resource i must have to achieve Global Monopoly? wt difference between strategic monopoly and global monopoly?
>50%.
This doesn't mean at 50%, it means above 50%.

Strategic Monopoly grants your unit bonuses and is granted at >25%.
Global Monopoly is basically a national bonus and is granted at >50%.

if I conquered a Holy City and I didn't found any religion, I will be considered the founder of the captured Holy City's and get benefits of founder religion?

2 questions :
is Stonehenge worth with India ?
which founder do you choose with india to increase the spread ? church ?
Ehm, no idea, I don't go for Stonehenge with any civ. I'd imagine it would be slightly worse for India than for others however.

Church isn't a founder? India's religious spread is imho terrible with the current system, unless your cities are like three tiles away from your neighbors cities you're not going to influence him.
As for increasing spread, I guess any of the religious buildings works, churches are clearly better, but they don't really do anything else besides spreading so they might be wasted.

When playing India, I always (when possible) select God of War (to get lots of faith quickly), then select Churches (good on their own because of 4 faith, increased pressure and lowering boredom). Selecting churches is good also because you deny others from taking them, thus slowing their religious spread. Also, when your religion finally spreads, converted cities build churches and thus further increase the pressure.

I also try to maximise the faith generation as India (god of war, shrines, churches, temples,...) to get as many prophets as possible, so that they in turn help me convert foreign cities. Also, make sure no missionaries come before enhancing (and thus getting inquisitors), by declaring war if necessary.

2 questions :
is Stonehenge worth with India ?
which founder do you choose with india to increase the spread ? church ?
Stonehenge. You'll found faster. Sometimes India can't found her own religion. You are also delaying religious rivals. Worthy? Can't say for certain.
For founder, India needs food, to make its growth bonus work. So any founder belief that grants food is ok. Also, India is not very skilled spreading her religion outside, and is going to have a huge population, so any founder belief that benefits from number of followers (instead of cities) would do well. I think this means Apostolic Tradition.

As for spreading, your only chances are Great Prophets (easier to get if finishing Piety) and trade routes to friendly city states. Perhaps a neighbouring city in the same continent connected by roads, and if you build temples fast, and if you get churches and posibly any other faith purchased building (what other can you use your faith points for?), and if you get a spreading enhancer, it could spread. So India's ability saves you some faith points purchasing missionaries, but if you want to spread it outside, you have to invest as any other civ.

So any founder belief that grants food is ok. Also, India is not very skilled spreading her religion outside, and is going to have a huge population, so any founder belief that benefits from number of followers (instead of cities) would do well. I think this means Apostolic Tradition.
Apostolic tradition seems really awful for a civ that doesn't have missionaries. It takes a very long time to get a large number of followers, and the bonus yields will only activate when you spread with a great prophet.

As India you get an absurd amount of food from the Harrapan Reservoir and your UA. If you really want more food, I'd take mandirs. Cooperation provides food and is a good belief in general.

Apostolic might be a good choice because taking other peoples missionaries (no matter what religion!) and using it counts for spreading, too. so if a neighbor goes churches, constantly warring them to take their missionaries might be quite beneficial and then you can spend the faith elsewhere.

Last edited:
Apostolic tradition seems really awful for a civ that doesn't have missionaries. It takes a very long time to get a large number of followers, and the bonus yields will only activate when you spread with a great prophet.

As India you get an absurd amount of food from the Harrapan Reservoir and your UA. If you really want more food, I'd take mandirs. Cooperation provides food and is a good belief in general.
You're right. Somehow I mixed China and India uniques (bad memory here). Also India changed a lot from being a religious threat to everyone to a faith saving religion for myself tall empire. And my last attempts with her were complete failures.

Top Bottom