• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ASNES-Feuding States period of China

Ruler-Lu Bu[LIGHT BLUE]
CFC name-
Cities-1
Gold-30 (30/Per year)
Food-30 (30/Per year)
Troops-7000
Arms-2000
Bows-2000
Crossbows-
Arbelists-
Siege weapons-
Ships-
Popular Loyalty-5

Lu Bu
L=5 W=6 I=2 P=1 C=1
get army and migrate south looting like the bandit bastards we are!!!
Wang Kuang
L=2 W=3 I=3 P=2 C=3
obtain 300 arms
Chen Gong
L=5 W=3 I=5 P=4 C=4
hire 400 men

February 194

Cao Cao orders an expansion southwestward,towards the city of Xin Ye,but is met by Yuan Shu and his general Zhang Sun!Xiahou Wan goes south to take command of the soldiers,and make sure Yuan Shu's men don't attack his master's men...The enemies number about 4000 men.

To:Cao Cao
My master!I request more men and arms...I will win your name glory!

Sun Ce sends his generals out...Zhou Yu wins Chai Sang without a fight...The mob of peasant militia gave up when they saw the well trained,well equipped men from Sun Ce.Cheng Pu on the other hand meets a general of Liu Yong's named Zhan Ying,and he sets up defenses against Cheng Pu after Zhan Ying takes Ru Nan...The enemy forces that have set up defenses against Cheng Pu number about 5 thousand

Baihou Fan of Chai Sang-I have heard of your ability to lead,and was wondering if you might need an extra hand in things.
L=4 W=2 I=5 P=4 C=2

To:Sun Ce
We will not tolerate your moving north...You will either go west or you will meet my men's blade.

Attack Liu Yong!I will help!

If you were to attack Liu Yong I'm sure I could muster some help.

Lu Bu invades Zu Zhou!With Lu Bu at the head of his army,take a decent chunk of land,banditting the whole way.The leaders of the land were doing other things,but an officer that came out of nowhere has led a counterattack against Lu Bu,and won a minor skirmish or 2 against Lu Bu....unfortunately Lu Bu and this new officer met in battle,and in 1 quick blow Lu Bu slew the young feller.
Liu Bei's losses:1000 men
Lu Bu's losses:200 men

Kong Rong invades Puyang after Lu Bu leaves it to the peasants.

Gongsun Zan and Yuan Shao smash it out with eachother for the month...Zhou Yun and Gonsun Zan were playing it deffensive and the enemies led by Yuan Shao and Tian Feng walked into a trap of theirs.Tian Feng was wounded in a duel with Zhou Yun,and his men fleed to get him to safety,thus meaning victory for Gongsun Zan...Yuan Shao,though played it defensive march and didn't engage with the enemy leaders.
Yuan Shao losses:4000 men
Gongsun Zan losses:2000 men

Lei Tong,an officer of Liu Zhang,warns his master that if he does not start acting like a regent he's going to do it for him!

To:Cao Cao
Will you help us when we attack Li Ju?

Start out in the city exactly west of kong rong

General Ding Dong
L=6 W=6 I=4 P=2 C=2
Special Item: Claymore (it so pretty and huge)

To any one who gives a flying f**k
from Ding Dong

I am a mercinary up for the hiring i am offering my aid for 20 gold

UPDATE ON SUNDAY!!!Get them orders in!

To:Ding Dong

We have the money to pay you,in exchange for your cervices...Move to my lands this month,next month I will give you your orders.

Orders:

lol...

-Use Liu Bei to lead the defense of my lands with all the man and weapons
-Use Guan Yu to raise economy
-Use Zhang Fei to raise harvest
-Buy 300 Arbelists
-Buy 500 arms

tossi...Are you aware that you're being invaded!?

Cao Cao Orders

have Cao Cao increase army by 500 volunteers
have Xun Shuang get 400 arms
have Dian Wei and Xiahou Yuan lead 11,000 men against Yuan Shus men and Xin Ye, beat them back and try to take the city, hit the enemy at their supply lines by way of ambush, then use the whole army to attack them when thier supplys are gone

Cao Cao to Zhang Lu: We have are own problems right now. Once we take care of them we might send some help.

Sun Ce

It was only the beginning, and already luck was finding a way to come against me. In the north war was already gearing up. Things didn't look good for my kingdom either. But not all things were bad, in the South my men had won, without battle, and that was the best way to win. And a man of that area had offered his services to us, and I couldn’t refuse him, he could be very useful to me, and my designs in the south.

But first I had to take mind for my defense in the north.

To Yan Baihou & Wang Lang
I am happy that we can see eye to eye. I graciously accept your help, victory to us!

I order Zhou Yu to follow me to battle Zhan Ying. There in the north I assemble 4,000 men in a defensive position (1,000 bows; 2,000 arms). We set ourselves ready for Zhan Ying to charge us, and set out a few traps in readiness. After enough time has passed we use our craftiness to push him into attacking, where our bow men will cut him down before he can reach our men.

Sun Ce
L=5 W=5 I=4 P=4 C=5
Zhou Yu
L=5 W=4 I=5 P=4 C=5

Cheng Pu I send to my newly acquired southern lands. There Baihou will take 500 men and extend my lands to the east, leaving the coast to the peasants for now, later we can claim them. Cheng Pu will stay in guard of the land and train my men to a new level (he may train 500 men).

Cheng Pu
L=5 W=3 I=4 P=4 C=4
Baihou Fan of Chai Sang
L=4 W=2 I=5 P=4 C=2

We await the new month with eagerness, may the gods favor us and give us the ability to defeat Zhan Ying!

Lu Bu
L=5 W=6 I=2 P=1 C=1
keep movin south and pillageing. Offer the people an ultimatum-give us crap or we will keep pillaging.
Wang Kuang
L=2 W=3 I=3 P=2 C=3
obtain 600 arms
Chen Gong
L=5 W=3 I=5 P=4 C=4
hire 400 men

to Kong Rong

i accept and me and my army shall be there right away.

Orders: Move to Kong Rongs land

Liu Zhang
L=3 W=3 I=3 P=4 C=5
Hire 500 men

Zhang Song
L=2 W=2 I=5 P=5 C=4
Harvest economy

Lei Tong*Pissed off*
L=5 W=5 I=3 P=2 C=3
Give him a short vacation (but still pay his paycheck) to make him feel less pissed off

Ma Han
L=3 W=4 I=3 P=2 C=3
Expand towards southeast

Dong He
L=3 W=4 I=3 P=4 C=3
Expand towards north

And the update starts...

March 194

Yellow Turbans strike in Kong Rong's lands! 3000 peasants under some "Ghan Li" has tooken up arms,and scarves,and are gathering more reinforcements to take a city as a base....otherwise Kong Rong and his officer make a HUGE spending on weapons,making their men the best equipped in China,thus far.

To: Ding Dong
You must destroy the Yellow Turban rebels within my lands.

Liu Bei mounts his deffensive with every available man he can summon.Lu Bu was having a happy day of pillaging till he saw his horizon light up with the banners of Liu Bei's men.Lu Bu attacked at once,seeing his only chance before the enemies totally rallied against him.His men pushed forward a little,making the enemies retire for 2 miles.As the men were retreating,the small bunch of arbelisters rallied and when Lu Bu's men came to them,they found themselves continually shot down.Then Liu bei rallied his men forward and made Lu Bu retire for some 5 miles.In desperation Lu Bu charged towards Liu Bei,and the two met in the field,and in one blow Lu Bu knocked Liu Bei off his horse,and an arbelister shot Lu Bu in the arm right after.Lu Bu retreated,fearing there to be more arbelisters and Liu Bei's life was spared...The Arbelister was a captain,named "Huang Zhei"
Lu Bu's losses:2200 men
Liu Bei's losses:1300 men,and 400 arms.

Huang Zhei-I would do no less than save you from whatever would take your life.(You can promote him if you feel like it...or he'll just go back as a captain without a name)
L=4 W=5 I=2 P=3 C=4

To:Lu Bu
Maybe it would be better if we were to loot elsewhere?Maybe going west would be a more suitable route,till we have more strength.

Xiahou Yuan takes comand of the southern army,and gives his partner assigned by lord Cao Cao Dian Wei comand of 3000 men to go into ambush against the enemie's supply lines.Xiahou Yuan solidly takes comand of the other 7000 men assigned to him,and leads several successful offensives against Ji Ling and his men.Before Dian Wei's ambush squad is in place,Zhang Sun arives with 1000 new replacements for the dead lost against Xiahou Yuan.But Xiahou Yuan keeps advanding and made the enemy retire all the way to Xin Ye,where they sent a message to Yuan Shu for more reinforcements.Dian Wei had the chance to intercept this message but didn't,and so Yuan Shu arived with the rest of the men,but Dian Wei's ambush squad saw this and ambushed Yuan Shu...In an hour of confusion Yuan Shu's men were totally obliterated and Yuan Shu was killed after 7 bouts against Dian Wei.Shortly after Xin Ye was captured and the two officers surrendered that were inside...And 1000 troops surrendered as well (You could make use of these men,if you wanted)

Zhang Sun-Have mercy!I will serve you better than I sevred Yuan Shu!
Ji Ling-You must put me to death,I will serve noone except Yuan Shu!

Liu Yong puts Biao Fan in charge of his southern army attacking Sun Ce with 7000 men...Biao Fan sees that the enemies are setting up defensive positions,and in an attempt to screw them up before they can become a solid wall of destruction,bent on nothing but stopping him,he attacks.Blindy he didn't know his enemy was smart,and knew this was going to happen...THey had a fortification line set up behind the front line,about 30 yards back..Biao Fan's men rushed in,and found these,and were confused,in which Zhan Ying,in comand of 1000 of his men,set up bows and fired fire arrows into these fortifications.And Sun Ce was forced to retreat,and under the cover of fire and smoke,only retreated 10 yards,in which the enemy blindly charged threw,and met Sun Ce's men right there.Sun Ce and Zhou Yu counter attacked,and quickly scattered the enemy forces.Biao Fan himself attacked Sun Ce,and in a lengthy duel Biao Fan fell stupidly to his death.And the army once again was under comand of Zhan Ying.Yan Baihou and Wang lang also cooperatively invaded Liu Yong,and established a good front against their enemy.Seeing this,Liu Yong himself went into battle,calling back a few of his western man for the battle,he set up deffensive positions against the oncoming enemies.Seeing their weakness,Sun Ce and Zhou Yun advance furiously,making the enemy retire to their city,where Zhan Ying surrenders.
Sun Ce's losses:700 men
Liu Yong's losses:5000 men (and 500 surrendered at Ru Nan to Sun Ce)
Wang Lang's losses:300 men
Yan Baihou's losses:200 men

Zhan Ying-I might not be of any good to Liu Yong anymore,but I could do good under your comand!

Liu Zhang,after a month long vacation,starts working his lands again...Sending Lei Tong on a vacation and showing him that he's still ruling the lands,he satisfies the unrested feller.He then sends out 2 officers of his taking control of the lands around him,and bringing order to the western rugged,mountain torn lands...But the advance is slow,mostly because of the mountains.

Yuan Shao advances further towards Bei Ping and,in fact,does much damage to Gongsun Zan's forces...But Gongsun Zan has forced the enemy to overextend themselves,and at the head of 3000 men,Zhou Yun leads a successful attack at the rear of Yuan Shao's advancing army.Yuan Shao,being cut off,didn't worry because he knew his other general,Chun Wuqiong,was headed that way with 3000 men,and when they came Yuan Shao sandwitched Zhou Yun's position,and Gongsun Zan was forced to bulge an opening for Zhou Yun to escape.
Gongsun Zan's losses:3000 men
Yuan Shao's losses:2000 men

Zhang Lu invades Li Ju!And with more numbers,pushes forward,till Zhu Jun takes comand of the army and with superior strategy,sends the enemy retiring more than 50 miles!even without using the well trained men still in store.Zhang Lu is pissed off that Cao Cao didn't send aid,and thus sends a raiding party of about 600 into Cao Cao's lands and loots the side of Cao Cao's country for food.
Zhang Lu's losses:3000 men
Li Ju's losses:1000 men

Ma Teng leads his men to Tian Shui,and takes control of it without opposition.

Open revolt in Liu Biao's lands...Wen Pin takes his men to the vault,takes all the money inside,and then leads them with Fu Xun to Chang Sha,where they make their stand as another faction in this war ridden land.

Forgot about something...

To:Liu Bei

Would you be kind enough to take control of my lands and fend off these menaces?A weak and feable ruler like myself can't hope to hold off such enemies,but I will work for you,and together we can take on these adversaries!

Another month came and went. My war on my northern “neighbors” was successful. Soon I would have control of most of their lands. From there who knows? Maybe a new empire next, with my children part of a new dynasty. Fist I had to overcome this first challenge and I had quite a few ideas of how to do this.

Zhan Ying had been forced into surrender from my rapid moving army, along with 500 men at Ru Nan. And I had personally defeated Biao Fan, although it was close. Because it could’ve been me dead Zhou Yu pleads that I not come so close to death again, the empire was springing forth faster than many others, and such a blow could ruin it all. But such things were the way of life, and the Gods had protected me, although it didn’t mean they always would, more a man tests the Gods, the more often he tempts them to fail him.

But I had more need of “luck” before it was all over. First I called forth 500 men, and Zhou called on another 200, for a full new 700 men hired this month, bringing the total army to 6,000 men. Sadly they were not all adequately armed, for which I had the solution: buy more. 300 Arbelists, 700 arms, I felt would satisfy our need. Every man in the army would have a real weapon, and we would have a large army, granted it was mainly a distance one, but later I could change that, hiring more men, and then weapons to supply them. Gold would not be to much of a problem until late in this year…food might run out soon, but I would pray to the Gods that our supply could see us through these terrible wars until harvest, where we would reap a great reward.

Now that I had prepared myself for war, it was time to wage it. I called Zhan Ying to me for chitchat.

“I have kept you from the sword, despite the advice of some of my Captains, you owe your life to me. With that in mind I ask you to do serve me to the full extent of your abilities. You go to (don’t know city’s name, one furthest from shore, next obvious in line to be captured) and await my army there. When the time is right, you will take command of the men I send with you and attack the gates from within, allowing my men to enter the city. Then you will turn on your old comrades fighting for my cause, winning the city for me. When this is accomplished then I will think on you and decide what to do with you. Can you do this?”

With which he responded “Yes, my Emperor.”

“Good then go to Zhou and plan this together.” And he left. I told Zhou a broad strategy for that and he left to plan the details. I then make preparations for my own departure from Ru Nan, my newly acquired city, sending messages to where they were needed to do my bidding.

Zhou Yu and Zhan Ying

My emperor commanded me to make a master strategy to capture the next city, I would do it for him, and I could do no less. I planned to take the 3,000 men he had given me and make ready to capture the next city. I told Zhan Ying my ideas on the plan. He would take command of 100 men and make his way towards the city. Baihou Fan with 500 men would follow him, and they would engage in mock skirmishes, so as to make people believe that Zhan was being chased. When they drew within sight of the city, Baihou would veer away to the north, and disappear into the distance.

Zhan would tell his story there, he had been accepted by us, and then seeing his chance grabbed about 100, that was all he could get, of the men that had been captured, seized some weapons and ran for the city to help fortify it and give warning. He will warn them that Sun Ce is going to invade from the North to capture this very city, Baihou going that way will lend to this theory. The attack will come at noon, 3 days after your arrival you will say.

The reality of the situation is that the attack will come from the east at midnight, the night before. You and your men must be ready to open the city to us. It is imperative that happens, else we will settle into a long siege. Good luck comrade! And so Zhan Ying did as he was bid, and was chased by Baihou, deceivingly fought each other, and Baihou went North with his own mission. Zhou Yu gathered 3,000 men for the assault, he felt sure that he could take the city with little fight capturing much gold, food, arms, and men for his master

Zhou Yu was marching and when night approached, before they were seen, they clothed all their metal in cloth to make sure it did not shine, no warning would come of their advance. He reached the city at midnight and hoped the gates would be ready for him to enter through…else things could go awry…

Baihou Fan
Zhou Yu the apparent right hand man of Sun Ce had a mission for him, his lord Sun Ce freed him to do it. He was to take 500-armed men and falsely give chase to Zhan Ying, and then go north. He did the best he could to make the chase look realistic, he felt he did a fair job. Then he went north, to appear to be an invasion force gathering in that area. He was to do a few things here.
1) Seize any lands that he could without a fight and wait
2) Watch south for an attack force of Liu Yong, and do two things if it happened
a) avoid a direct battle, since it would be a superior force
b) set traps for the force that would take it apart piece meal.
3) Watch north for an attack from Liu Bei and
a) determine if it was meant to fight Sun Ce
b) determine who was at it’s head
c) avoid a direct fight, since it would probably be a stronger force
He had his orders, he was to watch the northern roads essentially, and not be defeated, he would succeed in this task, for failure was not an option to such an honorable man.

Cheng Pu
Cheng Pu was given a relatively simple task, take 500 men and train them to the next level.

Sun Ce
I made ready for my departure, I was removing myself slightly from the front to see to the defensive side of my Empire. Wouldn’t do for it to be taken whilst I was away at another war.

Money:
Hire 700 men (7 Gold)
Buy 300 Arbelists (9 Gold)
Buy 700 Arms (7 gold)

Military:
Send Zhan Ying with 100 men to trick the city (regular arms)
Zhan Ying
L=3 W=4 I=3 P=3 C=3

Send Baihou Fan to chase him and then watch the north w/ 500 (regular arms)
Baihou Fan
L=4 W=2 I=5 P=4 C=2

Zhou Yu with 3,000 men (2,000 arms; 1,000 bows)
Zhou Yu
L=5 W=4 I=5 P=4 C=5

Cheng Pu train 500 men to level 3
Cheng Pu
L=5 W=3 I=4 P=4 C=4

Sun Ce defend land with 300 Arbelists; 1100 Arms; 500 Bows
Sun Ce
L=5 W=5 I=4 P=4 C=5

Diplomacy
To: Liu Bei
We are sure you will not concern yourself with this war to the south. It is but a little thing, and no bother of someone such as you. In fact I offer my own hand in brother-hood in these times of strife.

Cao Cao Orders

have Cao Cao get 500 arms
have Dian Wei increase commerce
have Xun Shuang increase food
keep Xiahou Yuan stationed in Xin Ye with 8000 men and try to icorporate the thousand men that surrendered to him into the army

Top Bottom