Assign a Resource to a Civ ?

Gray Wolf

Winter Wolf
Here's another crazy questions!

Is there a way to assign a particular resource to a civilization and give it to them at the beginning of the game so that they always have it? in every city they build? and where no other civilization can have that resource? :confused:

I am hoping there is a way to do that so I can have some buildings require a particular resource ... that only a particular civilization will have and be able to build...
;)

Thanks ahead of time. :D :king:

Here's another crazy questions!

Is there a way to assign a particular resource to a civilization and give it to them at the beginning of the game so that they always have it? in every city they build? and where no other civilization can have that resource? :confused:

I am hoping there is a way to do that so I can have some buildings require a particular resource ... that only a particular civilization will have and be able to build...
;)

Thanks ahead of time. :D :king:

... Sort of. Create a new Advance, call it Wolfen. Make it a non-tradable, not requires for advancement tech, with no Era assigned to it. Create your Wolf Resource, make it available with the Wolfen Advancement. Make that Wolfen advancement a starting advancement for the Gray Civ. Now only the Gray Civ will have access to the Wolf Resource, and will have it from the start of the game.

The only thing is, the resources will still be randomly placed on a random map. If you make a Scenario with a map, including preplaced resources, that might work for you....

The only thing is, the resources will still be randomly placed on a random map.

This is the big backside of a solution by resources. For buildings there is a better way to ensure, that only one civ can build that building:

Give the civ an era-none tech that no other civ has (p.e. Russian flavor). Create a building that can been built with that tech (p.e. Russian flag) and than make that special building a perequisite for the other buildings that can only been built by that civ. If no other civ should have that building when the city holding this building is conquered, give that building some culture or set it a small wonder. This methode is working very well and is used in CCM for civ-specific and religion-specific buildings (p.e. era-none tech Christianity; building for that tech Christian community, needing three temples as a perequisite, basilica needing a Christian community as perequisite ... and so on).

Give the civ an era-none tech that no other civ has...

Thanks Civinator. Yea, that's what I have been doing ... but then I thought wait a second, maybe I can do all of this using resources instead. I guess we can't really accomplish it that way...

The only thing is, the resources will still be randomly placed on a random map. If you make a Scenario with a map, including pre-placed resources, that might work for you....

Thanks...yea everything would need to be pre-placed but if the blue civ gets conquered by the red civ, the red civ would have the resource and would be able to build the building. So I guess it's possible to give civ's buildings based on resources but it may get too confusing. Also, I think I'd rather have a randomly generated map.

Also, if blue civ had a city with the resource and had a building based on that resource ... and then they built a new city... the new city would not have the resource available to them so they couldn't build the building in the new city. Right? So I think I'll stick with the technology-based approach...

If no other civ should have that building when the city holding this building is conquered, give that building some culture or set it a small wonder. This method is working very well and is used in CCM for civ-specific and religion-specific buildings.

Thanks, I just read this closer. I didn't know that part ... So I'll use small wonders or culture for some of those kinds of buildings.

Awesome, now I know just enough to be dangerous! :mischief:

The unique tech thing is used in a lot of places. In my Destiny Reborn mod, there are buildings and bonus resources that are unique to each trait (by using techs), as well as other buildings unique per civ (by using techs). You can also do that by Culture Group or religion or any other factor you choose.

Another way to set unique buildings for a special civ could be giving that civ a special government (and only this government) and set the unique buildings government-specific to that civ.

May be, you are now even more "dangerous". :D

Top Bottom