Assimilation Mod

Hm, interesting...

Rome, the most obvious 3000 BC conqueror, getting everybody's midgame unique units (conquistidors, carracks, musketeers, janissaries, cossacks...)

France capturing Berlin and Washington and building Panzers and Navy SEALs in the 19th century for world domination.

Or anybody capturing Amsterdam and be able to build East Indiamen (would they retain their ability to go through territory without opening borders?

:crazyeye:

It's just stupid. It makes the player invincible if they know what to do. You might as well use world builder.

It's just stupid. It makes the player invincible if they know what to do. You might as well use world builder.

I disagree, it is not stupid. I can build an invincible empire in RFC already because I know what to do in terms of choosing the right units to go to war with.

Using this assimilation mod won't make me any more or less invincible, but might well be an interesting addition. Certainly an interesting one from a flavour perspective.

Wow, imagine China with Samurai, Keshik, Balista elephat (okay that's a bit useless), with the already powerful cho-ku-no...

Can you say medieval nightmare? ;)

Anybody with the Punjabi worker, Hagia Sophia and serfdom has got to be unstoppable economically (1 worker 1 road per move, including hills and normal forests). And if they are Roman roads!...

I'm going to go ahead and attempt to merge this with RFC okay. However, I'm not the best modder and may run into a few bumps so yours guys's support and tips would be wonderful. I'll post a version as soon as I merge, if all go's as planned, maybe even later tonight.

Pacifist, as far as I understand, the mod only allows you to retain the UB and UU, not the UP, so roman road is out ;).

I see India will be the target of all civilizations in this mod. Who wouldn't want punjabi worker? LOL

Pacifist, as far as I understand, the mod only allows you to retain the UB and UU, not the UP, so roman road is out ;).

I see India will be the target of all civilizations in this mod. Who wouldn't want punjabi worker? LOL

No but if you play as Rome (who typically gets Hagia Sophia) and expand to India...and get all the other UUs. Rome's UB and UU cannot be beat already.

So what happens if you build a settler from a conquered city? Does the founded city get the characteristics of the conquered or conquerer?

I'd rather have more UUs, maybe one per era, per each civ than this mod. It doesn't add any flavor, at least a chinese praetorian (legionary ?) isn't called flavor here but "l33t stuff" from a 14 years old kid who doesn't give a damn to [alternate] history and just wants to easily dominate the game.

^^^

Agreed. I too would rather have one UU per era. But that would mean America will only have less UU than say Egypt. And i have a hard time coming up with UU for modern Rome for example.

^^^

Agreed. I too would rather have one UU per era. But that would mean America will only have less UU than say Egypt. And i have a hard time coming up with UU for modern Rome for example.

The Berlusconi unit - removes all unhappiness in a city by blaming problems on immigrants. :p

I like it. Look at British India. Indian workers did work for the British. Often colonial powers would have used local millitias as wel. The Romans would have used Auxilia from conquered lands. Could be nice.

USA will be very stong, as the often conquer British (Redcoat, royal bank), French (Musketman are obselete, but Salons) and Dutch (dykes) cities. Maybe only the UU could be nice.

Sorry about the delay folks, all I need to do is compile the .dll so hopefully it should be up pretty soon, if only I can VS 2008 to sucessfully compile!

I like it. Look at British India. Indian workers did work for the British. Often colonial powers would have used local millitias as wel. The Romans would have used Auxilia from conquered lands. Could be nice.

If you can compare SEALs, Panzer and Redcoats to "local milita", then yes, this mod makes a lot of sense.

If you can compare SEALs, Panzer and Redcoats to "local milita", then yes, this mod makes a lot of sense.

Yes, but these countries were never invaded (with the exception of Germany, but that was an exception). If they had been, who knows what could have happened.

apart the falsity of the statement, what about an Egyptian Praetorian, or Keshik, Japanese Ballista Elephant etc... do these sound more like local milita ? Also, keep in mind that you won't be able to build your unique units in conquered cities. For example if you play Rome you will only be able to build swordsmen and war chariots in Egyptian cities... not a great deal. And you will only be able to build obelisks there (actually, you need to be fast to do it :D), no forums, sorry. However since it's only an option, it doesn't hurt anyone - provided none checks it :D

Stop worrying about it and let us stupid 14 year olds have our 1337 stuff.

i like the idea of more unique cities which CIV IV in general lacks, the only thing makin a city unique is its wonders but still thats not much,

I like the idea

Top Bottom