[BTS] Attacks w/o DoW

Jivilov

Prince
Greetings all. In a recent game on Standard map as Rome (Julius), Catherine landed a stack of Cossacks and Cannons next to a coastal city in Roman territory. While we didn't have an Open Borders agreement there wasn't an option to tell her "Remove your forces or declare war!" as in Civ3 either. Next turn Russia attacked the city without declaring war. Easily foiled it and wiped out the stack with Tanks and Infantry. No further combat episodes with Catty after that. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

Last edited:
If you didn't have OB Catherine shouldn't have been able to land units in your territory without a DoW. She can sail right up to your coastal borders, wait a turn, Dow and land in her entire army that turn after war was declared, but if those units were on your soil when the DoW happened they should have been ejected from your territory. Likewise her transport ships, since regular Galleons don't have the "can explore rival territory tag".

I'd suggest checking the event log and seeing if anything happened that you might have missed. Something like an AP resolution to sign OB between all members or something.

Thanks for replying AcaMetis. Agree with you that's what should've happened but it didn't. Nobody built the AP so there were no resolutions this game. There was no "War" label for Catty on the Leader list at lower right on the Game Screen either. My son plays on the same platform but hasn't experienced this rogue attack phenomenon (neither had I). Weird. Let's hope it doesn't happen again. Cheers!

Thanks for replying AcaMetis. Agree with you that's what should've happened but it didn't. Nobody built the AP so there were no resolutions this game. There was no "War" label for Catty on the Leader list at lower right on the Game Screen either. My son plays on the same platform but hasn't experienced this rogue attack phenomenon (neither had I). Weird. Let's hope it doesn't happen again. Cheers!
Do you have any saves of that turn or turns? If units were landed without OB then that means she declared war on you already.

Do you have any saves of that turn or turns? If units were landed without OB then that means she declared war on you already.
No saves, sorry. No DoW, no war trumpet, no indication of hostilities before or after landing or attack.

Top Bottom