Attrition: Bug or New Feature

What is this attrition thing.

• Total voters

Jerman

Would you like a Trade Agreement?
Many reports on the forum are reporting units dieing from attrition. So I have to ask is it a bug, whats left of an unused feature, or one of those unannounced new features Fraxis was talking about on the last BNW Q&A session.

I can't see Firaxis implementing something like this in this seemingly random way, and as such I suspect it's some sort of bizarre bug. Now, if they were implementing "Scurvy" or something (similar to as in the Conquest of the New World scenario)...

Ok so it looks like many people think its a bug so can you guys explain your reasoning.

If it's in the new patch, it's probably a bug. At least as far as the single player experience goes, the new patch is one giant bug with some new forest graphics slapped on top.

Attrition isn't a new feature, it's the mechanic that injures Carthaginian units that end a turn on a mountain and at the same time but completely differently the mechanic that reduces the strength of missionaries.

Sounds like a new bug.

Attrition isn't a new feature, it's the mechanic that injures Carthaginian units that end a turn on a mountain and at the same time but completely differently the mechanic that reduces the strength of missionaries.

Sounds like a new bug.

Also any civ's Helicopter Gunship, or any unit modded to be able to move over mountains.

Ok so it looks like many people think its a bug so can you guys explain your reasoning.

as one of the original posters of this "bug / feature" - I can tell you why I think it's a bug:

- I know attrition has been in the game a while. What people are posting is something entirely different
- I had 6 ships in the course of 6 turns go from 100% healthy to dead by attrition. 4 of them were not even in enemy water. 2 of those 6 turns saw multiple ships die in the same turn.
- Without being in enemey waters, not having any gold, happiness, or resource problems - what attrition are we talking about here that kills at random?
- I read about another guy you had something similar with land units.
- An attrition change was not in the changelog. A new feature that isn't isn't in the desired changelog is by nature a bug, unless you say generic "gameplay updates" covers it.

- I had 6 ships in the course of 6 turns go from 100% healthy to dead by attrition.

- Also: I do not mean they gradually died. Each of the six was 100% healthy one turn, and dead the next. It just happened 6 times in 6 turns.

- Also: I do not mean they gradually died. Each of the six was 100% healthy one turn, and dead the next. It just happened 6 times in 6 turns.

You were at war and had quick combat on? ;)

Makes sense, I was thinking attrition might be administered in the same way as the total war games now. And I remember that 2K had a couple unannounced things that they would be implementing in BNW.

Top Bottom