Australia won't get Civ IV

CarnDaWoods said:
What's the story. Has it arrived? I have not been able to bring myself to bother checking before now as I could not stand the anticipation. That and the fact the Spring Carnival has been on. But the Melbourne Cup has been ran and won, so now I need something to replace betting on the horses. Civ's a lot cheaper than spending your Saturday's in the pub backing whoever takes your fancy.

I'll do some research, myself (and ring a games shop).

I watched that on TV here in the states very impressive ride. Send that filly here so she can get some real compatition.:p

I got a pre-order edition from taketwo - it rocked up the day before cup day (70US$ with packaging). So, there's no reason why they shouldn't be in shops now....
The only downside was it was 2 CDs like Sid Meier's Pirates!

Rince said:
Just read this slashdot.org headline:

Ships Turned Away As Aussie Customs' IT System Melts Down

Urgent shipments of medicine and goods for the holiday season have been turned away by customs officials due to a massive computer problem.

I think that Civ IV clearly falls in the category of urgent goods and for some of you addicts even in the medical one. I hope for you guys down there that they will solve this problem quickly ;) .

Greetings,
Rince

Geez this sucks eh. Glad I moved to Boston just in time. For those really in need there's always FedEx. :D

Why is this thread still active? Australia got the game on the shelves last Thursday, which was the official date for release in this country anyway - customs delays or otherwise.

@Rexflex: Occasionally, for no reason at all, someone decides to resurrect a clearly dead and obsolete thread, and then other people decide to SPAM in it for ego trips, postcounts or what-have-you. :smug:

Top Bottom