1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Autumn 2017 Patch General Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Oct 19, 2017.

1. bladex

bladex Chieftain

that's what i play in couldn't care less about 4k.

2. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Chieftain

I find Indonesia's city names hard to read because of that dark blue writing on the red background. Have to adjust the monitor while playing.

3. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Any experiences with the naval AI improvements yet?

4. Gbest

Gbest Chieftain

I'm in my first game since the patch, playing as Norway on Emperor. Australia has captured the capital of China in an early war.
    Has the cede city diplomacy option been fixed? As after the peace treaty, it's shown as occupied and hasn't grown anymore. So I suppose it wasn't ceded in the peace treaty.
    Another strange thing is that China completed Stonehenge before the war, but hasn't found a religion. Could it be that the Great Prophet was captured by barbarians (or is it returned to the city when it's attacked)? I hope it's not a bug related to the low religion preference for Qin.
    Spoiler Screenshot :
    20171020191352_1.jpg

Edit: My fault, it seems China and Australia are still at war, and probably never did a peace treaty.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  5. Ovidious

Ovidious Chieftain

In my first game since the patch, there was a city state settler with two warriors, I think about 4 hex's away. This made it nice for me to have two cities by turn ten or so.

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  6. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

Does anyone know if this patch fixed the problem with the Government Legacy Bonuses?

7. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Warlord

Legacy bonuses fixed.
    Occupied city bug fixed.

tekjunkie28, Mowi, Piruparka and 3 others like this.
  8. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I didn't get THAT many turns in last night but the main thing is the starting location bug. Everything else seems pretty good.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  9. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Is the patch compatible with games started pre-patch?

10. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec Chieftain

You know that place by the other place...
    From what I'm seeing so far, the Religious combat is definitely better from the AI... I just had an all-out religious war with Moderator Action: removed , erm, Saladman, ooops, Saladin and the Gurus are definitely useful for healing units (the AI doesn't seem to know how to use Gurus yet for some reason).

Moderator Action: As an International forum, we do not allow inappropriate references to people from other nations. Please be more considerate when posting. leif
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
    Haig and Guandao like this.
  11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I'm still not noticing any blur, but I'll check my setting when I load my game up shortly. It's possible I'm not on high. But I have a pretty high end video card, it's not a cheapo. But I may have lowered settings some point in the past in an effort to speed up in between turn times.

As for my game, I'm enjoying my game as Khmer so far. I'm going for a religious victory. I think I should be able to get one. But I'm a bit rusty, and my production isn't that great, and I'm trying to catch my cities up. There are so many things I need to build. I only played Indonesia for a little bit, but I seem to like Khmer better than them. I never did use the elephant. It comes too late to be of any real use. Indonesia seems to be too hampered on TSL maps, but I will try them again on an island plates map after my Khmer game.

12. Everad

Everad Chieftain

Patch is good for what they "posted". Trade "seems" fixed, AI attack was better ( 6+ units embarked to hit my coastal city, then moved passed it to my capital 4 tiles away!!!!, but i bought advanced units n the AI attack was squashed.... n they pillaged surrounding tiles,, but had they bombarded/ archered the city they could have taken it..... AKA how we take their cities. No notice of AI navy... embarked units YES, but once they have landed the units they r lame!!!

nzcamel likes this.
  13. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I'll start a game tonight, I just played a deity gorgo and it was harder as in more units and more erchers but still stupiud
    Unceded cities are pointless still

drubell, nzcamel and Snerk like this.
  14. Everad

Everad Chieftain

P-F****s Still no WASD support

Turn speed seems increased in game. Plus benchmark speeds are up, before i was 30 on dx12 n 28 on 11. now its 20 on dx 12 n 18 on 11!

15. aeacos

aeacos Chieftain

Pretty sure you cannot found if you don't have a Pantheon so if you built Stonehenge you would have to wait. Based on Map it doesn't look like they have faith resources in their territory or holy site districts so they would be SOL til then

16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

You could also have Something Unfortunate happen to the prophet before he made it to the Henge.

17. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Nope. GP still in the middle of the screen.

18. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I still get trade requests for extremely low amounts of gold. Granted I'm not well liked right now, but what's the point of me trading a luxury for 6 whole gold. yippee. I still accept many times, but I'm not sure if that gets them to like me any better. I said earlier that I got on their good side early, but once I started attacking, I was well hated by everyone on the Eastern hemisphere (haven't discovered the West yet). Even though I'm sure my warmongering penalties have worn off. I really can't see my modifiers right now since I don't really have delegations with anyone, so I'm not sure why they hate me so much. Delegations are harder to come by these days.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  19. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

So even if someone does not like you they will trade a lux for 6GPT but if they denounce you then yeah... 6 Total gold...I'm fine with that, we hate you we denounced you, if you are really desperate I'll take it for 6. It's better than nothing.
    It's the only warmongering mechanic that works well.

20. EditorRex

EditorRex Master of Allusion

Yep. I encountered a stray Hattusa settler, maybe 10 or more moves into the game and captured it with a scout, then settled it. I like the idea of making CS'es settle, but if it couldn't find a spot near where it spawned after that many turns, something's wrong with the algorithm for spawning. It was on a narrow strip of land between the ocean and CS Toronto. Having said that, Trajan was more than happy to accept the donated settler into his Empire. Hattusa has been defeated.

Ever wonder if some of the posts that are a little TOO ecstatic about the awesome patch are from Fireaxis moles?