1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AW's New Civilizations | The Sixteen Nation Project [G&K/BNW]

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by AW Arcaeca, Nov 2, 2013.

?

How should the Berbers be updated?

1. The Berbers should be a gold-based civ

21.2%
  2. Berber split + Dilmun as a gold-based civ

51.5%
  3. Berber split + Himyar as a gold-based civ

33.3%
  4. Berber split + Yamhad as a gold-based civ

21.2%
  5. Berber split + a different civ as a gold-based civ (please specify)

3.0%
  6. Away with the Berbers! Replace them with...(please specify)

3.0%
  7. Do something completely different! (please specify)

3.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

The time has come to end this war. What do you think of this arrangement?

Sixteen Nations: Total Capitulation of Switzerland
    JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations: 0 GPT.

How is going the next Sixteen Nations invasion?

2. SnowyNix

SnowyNix At Least I Can Talk

You've got a tendency to bump the AW thread at highly unexpected and weird times with even weirder posts, Jifford

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

4. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

"That's not even close to good deal." :p Besides, we've only been fighting for 57 days and no casualties. Some war. :/

Which part of the OP did you notice? The addons to the 16NP demographics (including Listmaking Predilection and Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia Level) or the updated info panels that I'm very proud to have made all by myself? :D

In regards to "invasions" - really the 16NP only takes control of territories after they decide on their own to revolt and join us - we've got two revolutions in progress, and neither one is building up steam very quickly. One revolt is centered between Europe and Asia, and the other is totally in Europe. The former is more of a powder keg right now, but we're still not mobilizing yet.
    If you can decipher that, then that's my status update. All I'll leak for the hype train is that one of them will have a UI with a custom 3D model converted from civ4.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

The new map is very nice - wonder where you got that from :p

I also noticed you'd added a demographic screen. I have done the same. Perhaps the combination of our actions shall teach More Civs Republic the villains of this world a lesson.

6. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

If there's one person I wasn't expecting to be following my thread, it would be my supposed arch-nemesis. :) At any rate, I also follow your thread, so I suppose we're even.
    And I may have completely forgotten about the international relations part. :lol: That was partly an experiment to see if it would become a fad. It hasn't, but I expect the idea will take off in popularity now that you've adopted it.

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

8. DJSHenninger

DJSHenninger Megas Basileus

I hereby decree that my name shall be written correctly!

But seriously, good idea :p

9. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

Well, over three months after release, late last night while very tired I finally discovered what's wrong with the Events part of the Samanids' E&D as reported by shaglio on page 7. And Just today I deduced the problem behind the Decisions part - basically I should do my coding when I'm tired because I'm apparently better at it then :lol: - and the fixed v2 is available to download.

And... if anyone wants to convert a civ4 building into a civ5 improvement for me - since I couldn't figure out the Blender UI to save my life - I believe one of my "invasions" is ready to begin the debugging phase. :D
    (The lua is a lot more complex than that of any other mod I've made, so it might take a while...)

10. DJSHenninger

Which building?

11. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

If you're willing to convert it, I'll PM the files to you. Secrecy purposes and all that. :p

12. DJSHenninger

Sure, but I don't think I can make 'under construction' graphics, and pillaged would be just with some smoke added. I somehow couldn't get any kind of edited graphics to show in-game, instead the ''built'' model would show.

13. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

You all have been waiting so patiently that I think you've earned a teaser! :D
    Spoiler :

Front page map updated. All that's left to code should be E&D and civilopedia entries.
    Also, I'll go ahead and give some special credit ahead of time to LeeS, who fixed... basically all of my Lua. :lol:

14. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

No offence, but... Waiting for what? You never put a civ name on your spoilers...

15. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

Gnah, I was hoping to be the first to add a mod to the new database. But the forum wasn't back online before I left on vacation. :cringe:
    Oh well, I'm back now, so I can finally release the mystery civ. :D
    Spoiler :

Peace Theme Urmuli - Georgian Folk Music by KartvelianHeritage
    War Theme armenian war song by coolantonio19

SPECIAL INFORMATION
    - The game will display a message each turn telling you what each Berd yielded that turn. This can be turned off by changing ShowBerdGameMessages to false in *mod*\Lua\TSLSerializerHookup.lua.
    - Cities removed from the Persian city list.
    - Events and Decisions support, though fully coded, is not currently functional. The SQL - despite being perfectly functional when tested in an SQLite database browser - yields a very strange error that seems to dispose of the whole file; not only can I not reproduce the error in other SQL environments, but the log actually changes the font and font size for that particular error...? :confused: I'm have no idea what's causing it and kudos to him who can. I'll be glad to update the mod with a functional version of E&D if anyone can figure how to make it functional.

CREDITS
    Original Berd 3D model by Andrea Charell
    Berd Model conversion to Civ5 by DJSHenninger
    A whole lot of Lua by LeeS

Download Now! (v 1)

This... generated a little less hype than I hoped for. :lol: Oh well. Modding is a hobby, not a career, after all.
    Although I'll be legitimately surprised if the next mod doesn't generate hype...

16. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I'm hype! Thank you for this release!

17. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Man, your coding skills really spiked up since your last civ. This thing is incredible.

18. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

The entirety of the lua code was written by LeeS, so that would be why. :lol: Originally I just had him try to fix the errors, but he determined that it all needed to be scrapped and rewritten from scratch, which he graciously volunteered to do.

19. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Wow!!!!! This is awesome UA! and it has full support as well! :D

20. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister