Babylonian Trade of the First Contact

Thats right rel/sci. If they built two warriors and then settler they could research pottery on their own.
I think we would have BW now if we went warrior-warrior-settler.
In my opinion they didn't meet another civilization yet otherwise they would have more techs or more or less gold.

Cyc said:
If the AI won't trade GPT before the mid- Middle- ages, how come Hammy will accept this trade?
They will accept GPT, but refuse to pay any.

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
uh, guys?
1 stupid q- arent the Babs Sci/Rel? Meaning Bronze/CB. Right? Where does pottery come from? (I think I know the answer to this, but I fear it as well)
(unless they've researched it, which in this case, disregard this q. ive yet to check the save)
That's my Deputy :goodjob:
I like Cyc's "1gpt for Bronze" plan.

The 1gpt for bronze deal is quite ingenuous.

It will get us peace with the babs for the next 20 turns (or, at least, it should).

And, we can still do the wheel trade as soon as they have more to trade, thus getting our gold back.

So, I take it you approve of my suggestion, Mr. President. I realize you're above spamming a bonafide discussion on an actual in-game decision, but I seem to have missed the "on topic" comment. :D

Thanks for running with the ball, gang. My apologies for my lateness in joining this discussion.

I approve of Cyc's 1gpt for Bronze Working deal, as it should hopefully be enough to appease the Babylonians and keep them from bumrushing our undefended capital.

I will fully research this thread and will poll all appropriate options later today.

I doubt the Babs would destroy our capitol this early. And if they would, we still have a settler. The Risk is our friend. A challenge would be nice, and we wouldn't lose even if we lost our capitol, as long as we have a settler somewhere.

Ankka said:
The Risk is our friend.
Ankka: are you aware the city called "The risk is our friend" flipped in our SG ??
I do not agree that we'll survive, if the babs capture our Capital. They'll go hunting for the settler and it has nowhere to run to (the map suggests limited land to the north.

P.S. I just came up with a diffferent survival option, if the Babs do declare. Disband (or merge) the settler in the Capital to get shields quickly enough for a defending warrior to be produced. It's our last escape hatch.

Remember that waiting to trade, in order to see what 'hammy' has to offer beyond BW, means that our next turnchat is likely to be stopped after only 3 turns, to discuss any possible trades. Therefore we must not wait, and make a decision now!

I support Cyc's idea: that way we can continue settling south, without a great risk, and we actually make a decision :goodjob:!

I like that trade proposal from post 1. I think that we should accept it. Two sciences for one our and even +10 gold. When I play Civ3 computer never was offered such exchange. It is good deal :goodjob:

Provolution said:
I recommend the deal offered by Babylon

Just to remind that the deal offered by Babylon does not protect us from immediate attack from their warrior near our capitol.

Unless it raises their consideration (very unlikely, they won't go cautious from their annoyed position), we would need the GPT trade to protect us.

I'd say that the original trade is the best. Our main focus should be trading for Pottery, and with the original offer we get pottery plus 3 extra turns and some gold.

Well I finally did the research... and my Pottery for Gold idea falls flat. I would like to withdraw that option... but that would mean resetting the "Clock".

Mister Minister of Trade, please Recind The Current Options 2+3: 1GPT and Pottery for Wheel And Pottery for as many as 2GPT.

Reason: I have found Options 2 and 3 to be impossible to do.

In the future, I will try to remember to do my own Research. :undecide:

So, currently the options on the table should be:

1. Accept their current Offer of Techs+Gold for Wheel
2. Trade Only BW for 1 GPT (Thanks, Cyc)
3. Wait until we research BW on our own then reopen negotiations
4. Do not trade at all
5. Declare War Without Trading
6. Abstain

Hopefully I have finally made the Job of His Honor the Minister easier... though I am not in any official capacity...

I suggest just waiting til we get our tech and see what they have to offer then.

I have posted a poll, here regarding the trades with the Babylons.

Top Bottom